Sacramento P25 system

sacscan

I've noticed that the automated dispatching seems to be online full time now on A1 & B1.
I also noticed that the volume of the robo-dispatcher is once again higher than all the other fire traffic on the SRRCS, so the Volume Offset feature on my Unidens came in handy for the first time. I set it to -2 on A1 & B1.

I also noticed that the analog UCD Motorola Smartnet system was taken offline on Tuesday, which was the first day I heard Davis traffic on the SRRCS. I can't receive the old Davis Motorola Smartnet system here in Sacramento, so I have no idea if that was also taken offline the same day. I have a feeling it was though. If you look at the database entry for that system it only shows three frequencies and one control channel (Davis Trunking System, Davis, California - Scanner Frequencies), so I wonder if the older frequencies that were removed are now part of Yolo's Site 14?

officer_415

Database Admin
I also noticed that the analog UCD Motorola Smartnet system was taken offline on Tuesday, which was the first day I heard Davis traffic on the SRRCS. I can't receive the old Davis Motorola Smartnet system here in Sacramento, so I have no idea if that was also taken offline the same day. I have a feeling it was though. If you look at the database entry for that system it only shows three frequencies and one control channel (Davis Trunking System, Davis, California - Scanner Frequencies), so I wonder if the older frequencies that were removed are now part of Yolo's Site 14?

The City of Davis system is still online, but it's just the control channel (no voice traffic). Two new voice frequencies have been added to SRRCS Site 14 - 852.9875 and 853.4875 - both were control channels on the UCD Smartnet system. Submitted to DB.

hexagon_keyhole

Premium Subscriber
I also noticed that the volume of the robo-dispatcher is once again higher than all the other fire traffic on the SRRCS, so the Volume Offset feature on my Unidens came in handy for the first time. I set it to -2 on A1 & B1.

Is anyone else seeing this issue with Fire Dispatch B (TGID 3703)? After the Robo dispatcher finishes announcing the dispatch, the channel is stuck open for 5-7 seconds and nothing is audible. My BCD436HP shows P25 solidly (not DAT or LNK), before it finally cycles out to another channel. Squelch doesn’t do anything, and I’ve noticed that this only happens on Fire Dispatch B.

Last edited:

CityNewsSupport

City News Support
Premium Subscriber
Is anyone else seeing this issue with Fire Dispatch B (TGID 3703)? After the Robo dispatcher finishes the announcing the dispatch, the channel is stuck open for 5-7 seconds and nothing is audible. My BCD436HP shows P25 solidly (not DAT or LNK), before it finally cycles out to another channel. Squelch doesn’t do anything, and I’ve noticed that this only happens on Fire Dispatch B.
Yes Dispatch is stuck open for the last few days at different times! I was in the field today running from fire to fire with the very annoying robo dispatch screwing up dispatches! I did notice it calls them Grass Fires I guess it can't pronounce Vegetation LOL

sacscan

Is anyone else seeing this issue with Fire Dispatch B (TGID 3703)? After the Robo dispatcher finishes announcing the dispatch, the channel is stuck open for 5-7 seconds and nothing is audible. My BCD436HP shows P25 solidly (not DAT or LNK), before it finally cycles out to another channel. Squelch doesn’t do anything, and I’ve noticed that this only happens on Fire Dispatch B.
Yes. Very annoying! At first I thought it was tied to all the times the legacy 153.890 dispatch frequency has a stuck repeater, but I'm not positive.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
You won't be able to focus on anything, as they'll all out of sync.
Most of these automated systems fire each channel independently so the VHF and P25 channels are likely no longer patched and are being fired by the system at different times causing them to sound out of sync.

Here in Hamilton County the UHF station alerting channels use two-tones but the P25 channels don't so Locution will immediately fire the P25 channels but will hold off until the two-tone string is done on the UHF channels so the automated voice is off by the length of the two-tone string on each channel.

Last edited:

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
Another issue we have here in the greater Cincinnati area is that several different communications centers are now using Locution (I know Sacramento isn't Locution) so it makes it very difficult to know who's being dispatched without looking at the scanner because they all sound the same.

CityNewsSupport

City News Support
Premium Subscriber
Try having 1 radio on VHF DSP A, 1 radio on VHF DSP B, 1 radio on P25 DSP A, and 1 radio on P25 DSP B. You won't be able to focus on anything, as they'll all out of sync.
On the P25 System Is The P25 System For Sac PD/FD & West Sacramento Live? Or are we getting some type of delay? Often Pulse Point Will Be A few seconds ahead of a dispatch coming out of the scanner. I also noted A WSFD Station Door going up as the dispatch was happening! Are the Doors Connected to the Station Alert?

mcjones2013

Radio Communications Enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
The call will get pushed to PulsePoint as soon as it's entered into the computer-aided dispatch (CAD) system by the call-taker. The call then gets sent over to the DSP A/DSP B dispatcher who sends the call out over the radio after making sure the units the computer recommended are a good fit (it may have slightly changed since the introduction of the automated voice dispatching).

As far as the station doors going up (and lighting, alarms at the station), yes it can be tied into the tones via the VHF dispatching on XYO GREEN, or they may have been upgraded to go via fiber link via the dispatch center. It's all tied into the CAD system.

CityNewsSupport

City News Support
Premium Subscriber
Another issue we have here in the greater Cincinnati area is that several different communications centers are now using Locution (I know Sacramento isn't Locution) so it makes it very difficult to know who's being dispatched without looking at the scanner because they all sound the same.
Sacramento Fire Department Robo "Dispatch" At least gives District Numbers but a lot of the dispatch is hard to decipher!

CityNewsSupport

City News Support
Premium Subscriber
The call will get pushed to PulsePoint as soon as it's entered into the computer-aided dispatch (CAD) system by the call-taker. The call then gets sent over to the DSP A/DSP B dispatcher who sends the call out over the radio after making sure the units the computer recommended are a good fit (it may have slightly changed since the introduction of the automated voice dispatching).

As far as the station doors going up (and lighting, alarms at the station), yes it can be tied into the tones via the VHF dispatching on XYO GREEN, or they may have been upgraded to go via fiber link via the dispatch center. It's all tied into the CAD system.

mcjones2013

Premium Subscriber

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Over the weekend I noticed that the two Sacramento county fire dispatch channels have gone back to human dispatchers. It's still that way as of 08:30 this morning. I wonder what the issue is (with the new robotic dispatchers).

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
Over the weekend I noticed that the two Sacramento county fire dispatch channels have gone back to human dispatchers. It's still that way as of 08:30 this morning. I wonder what the issue is (with the new robotic dispatchers).
Not saying this is what's happening here, but a number of dispatch centers will go back to human dispatching from time to time just for practice in the event the system does go down. It keeps the dispatchers skills sharp.

mcjones2013

Premium Subscriber
Of note, I heard University Dispatch talking to a PD unit on CAR2CAR this afternoon about reception issues at the hospital.

Hearing the county radio guys working on what I assume is the issue I mentioned above. They're using UCD radios along with their own radios for the testing.

annakemo

Premium Subscriber
Hello new to digital scanning. Anybody know if I will get SacPd on a Uniden bcd396Xt using freescan? Thank you so much in advance!

ScanningHertz

Hello new to digital scanning. Anybody know if I will get SacPd on a Uniden bcd396Xt using freescan? Thank you so much in advance!

Yes.
You will need to program this system into your scanner:
SRRCS Sacramento Regional Radio Communications System (SRRCS) P25 Trunking System, Sacramento, California - Scanner Frequencies

You will be able to listen to anything that is not encrypted.

Your reception quality will vary, so don't expect to have crystal clear reception. You may get lucky, but just depends on your exact geographic location and surroundings. You may need an external antenna or even outdoor antenna. Just depends and results vary widely.

New and more expensive scanners seem to perform better when trying to listen to SRRCS (the main local radio system).

hexagon_keyhole

Premium Subscriber
Sacramento Area P25 Antenna Question
Hey guys I am looking to ad a P25 Digital dedicated Antenna in NMO Mount format. Is there an Antenna that pairs well with Digital P25?

So I've been thinking about getting a Larsen NMO150-450-800 Tri-Band NMO Antenna for the car. It seems to get a lot of good reviews and I wanted to play with the lower bands if I travel to say Placer or El Dorado Counties. Hope this helps!