Sacramento Pursuit of Wanted Person

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkewman

CHP is now the lead agency in a pursuit for a person with multiple warrents in a small vehicle- tac strips have been set already but failed. pursuit is headed eastbound us-50.

can be heard on both ssd 1, 3, and CHP Black. tac strips are about to be deployed again by chp. speeds are around 90

Last edited:

mkewman

chp just switched to gold channel. still on us 50, and just passed rancho cordova. speeds 90-100+ vehicle blacked out, erratic lane changes. vehicle just swerved into a unit, speeds slower, pit attempt coming up around sunrise. chp is asking all ssd units to back out except for k9... *rolls eyes*

Last edited:

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Persuit Stockton to Folsom

This was originally a attempted traffic stop by Stockton CHP. The suspect failed to stop and eventually was picked up by Elk Grove PD. Speeds were all over the place and as high as 100+. There were a few agencies in persuit NB on I5 into Sacramento when Elk Grove was told to break off and Sac Sheriff got involved. Then Sac CHP told Sac Sheriff they only wanted K9 and for all other cars to break off.

They were planning on the persuit going as far as Placerville, when just east of Sunrise on hwy 50 the vehicle slowed and eventually stopped on the sholder just west of Hazel. Apparently they ran out of fuel. :( Listening to CHP mobile after the arrest it sounds like it was a 10851 vehicle.

sacscan

I saw it 10 times. Wanna know how?

http://video.dot.ca.gov/

These are Caltrans traffic cams. I brought up each camera along the pursuit route as the chase approached. I recorded the video with my digital camera. You can hear the scanner audio in the background. Great fun!

I can put it on YouTube if anybody wants to see it.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
CHP stop

At initial stages of the persuit they were discussing why they wanted to stop the vehicle. I heard it was "just traffic" but the vehicle did not have plates. I was surprised that they persisted with this one, as I've heard a lot of others terminated once it went over 100 MPH. Traffic was light at that hour, which probably went into the decision making. I'd certainly check out a video if one is posted. Thanks.

OpSec

All your WACN are belong to us
Database Admin
sacscan said:
I saw it 10 times. Wanna know how?

http://video.dot.ca.gov/

These are Caltrans traffic cams. I brought up each camera along the pursuit route as the chase approached. I recorded the video with my digital camera. You can hear the scanner audio in the background. Great fun!

I can put it on YouTube if anybody wants to see it.

Yes, please.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Suspect Arrested in High Speed Pursuit from Stockton to Rancho Cordova

RANCHO CORDOVA, CA -- Early Friday morning a driver led officers on a high speed chase through two counties at speeds up to 100 miles an hour.

California Highway Patrol officers from the Stockton office said they tried to pull over the driver at 3:12 a.m. Friday for speeding and other traffic infractions.

Instead of pulling over the driver took off on northbound Interstate 5. The chase reached speeds of 90 to 100 miles an hour.

Officers from other departments aided in the chase and tried to lay spike strips to stop the vehicle, with no success.

The chase came to an end on eastbound Highway 50, when the driver ran out of gas just past Hazel Avenue and was arrested without incident.

The suspect's name is Jim Beam, and he faces charges of speeding, evading arrest, and vehicular assault.

His picture is included with the story at this link: http://www.news10.net/display_story.aspx?storyid=42044

mkewman

lol@ jim beam

i wasn't sure if they pitted her or he just slowed down. one of the channels said they're attempting to pit, and then next thing i heard was slowing, and then 1 at gunpoint, so i just assumed it was successful.

i would love to see the youtube posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.