Status
Not open for further replies.

DillonPenryn

Does anyone know the current unit numbering system for SSO (since they changed to SSO from SSD)?... I am an avid scanner and am wondering about the unit IDs or the unit numbering system. If you have info I thank you in advance.

mcjones2013

Radio Communications Enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
They changed their official name to the Sacramento County Sheriff's Office in 2019.

Why the change? The official answer was more-or-less "just a name change". Others say it was a political move...

Their social media and press releases say Sheriff's Office. Their website for the most part still says Sheriff's Department.

The administrative call signs have changed from "SSD" to "SSO" when they log on with dispatch over the radio.

DillonPenryn

They changed their official name to the Sacramento County Sheriff's Office in 2019.

Why the change? The official answer was more-or-less "just a name change". Others say it was a political move...

Their social media and press releases say Sheriff's Office. Their website for the most part still says Sheriff's Department.

The administrative call signs have changed from "SSD" to "SSO" when they log on with dispatch over the radio.

I appreciate the info but, I am looking for their Radio Callsign/ Numbering System

mcjones2013

Radio Communications Enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
I appreciate the info but, I am looking for their Radio Callsign/ Numbering System

If it hasn't changed, this is what it was:

For patrol, it's [District][Car][Shift][Number of Officers in Car]
EXAMPLES:
14A (District 1, Car 4, Day Shift) - This is a one man unit (no number at the end)
41C1 (District 4, Car 1, Swing Shift, 1 Deputy/1 Trainee) - One full deputy, one deputy in training
53E2 (District 5, Car 3, Night Shift, 2 Deputies) - Two full deputies in car

S (Sam) - Sergeant
L (Lincoln) - Lieutenant

Shifts
A (Adam)/B (Boy) - Day Shift
C (Charles)/D (David) - Swing Shift
E (Ed)/F (Frank) - Night Shift

Patrol Districts
North of American River (SD 1/SD 2 patched during overnight/staffing requirements)
1 - North West (Typically SD 1)
2 - North (Typically SD 2)
3 - North East (Typically SD 2)
4 - North Central (Typically SD 2)

South of American River (SD 3/ SD 4 patched during overnight/staffing requirements)
5 - Rancho Cordova PD (Typically SD 4)
6 - Central (Typically SD 3)
7 - East (Typically SD 4)
8 - South (Typically SD 3)

The [Car] part used to be the Zone within the Patrol District that the car was primarily in, but I don't think they do zone cars anymore... I may be wrong with this part.

There's a bunch more call signs/identifiers for the specialty units if you want that.

DillonPenryn

If it hasn't changed, this is what it was:

For patrol, it's [District][Car][Shift][Number of Officers in Car]
EXAMPLES:
14A (District 1, Car 4, Day Shift) - This is a one man unit (no number at the end)
41C1 (District 4, Car 1, Swing Shift, 1 Deputy/1 Trainee) - One full deputy, one deputy in training
53E2 (District 5, Car 3, Night Shift, 2 Deputies) - Two full deputies in car

S (Sam) - Sergeant
L (Lincoln) - Lieutenant

Shifts
A (Adam)/B (Boy) - Day Shift
C (Charles)/D (David) - Swing Shift
E (Ed)/F (Frank) - Night Shift

Patrol Districts
North of American River (SD 1/SD 2 patched during overnight/staffing requirements)
1 - North West (Typically SD 1)
2 - North (Typically SD 2)
3 - North East (Typically SD 2)
4 - North Central (Typically SD 2)

South of American River (SD 3/ SD 4 patched during overnight/staffing requirements)
5 - Rancho Cordova PD (Typically SD 4)
6 - Central (Typically SD 3)
7 - East (Typically SD 4)
8 - South (Typically SD 3)

The [Car] part used to be the Zone within the Patrol District that the car was primarily in, but I don't think they do zone cars anymore... I may be wrong with this part.

There's a bunch more call signs/identifiers for the specialty units if you want that.
Do you know the specialty assignment IDs?

Status
Not open for further replies.