sacramento trunk freq. help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazmat109

hello,
im new to scanning, i recieved my bc246t today, and so far all of the "DEC" that ive programed as the trunk id arent working, i have a feeling im doing something wrong. ive looked around in other threads and couldnt find anything that could help me. im just looking to program county fire, city fire, county sherrif, and the hospitals. any info on how to program them will help alot, thank you very much.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Are you using the information from the Sac County database entry or for the SCRRS?

SCRRS is what you want. The reason the County is still in there is because the older system has not gone offline yet but soon will. SCRRS is to replace it.

-Wayne

Hazmat109

im guessing it wasnt SCRRS (digital?) yeah...i know ill ahve to go buy a digital now, but we havent switched over yet so i still have sometime. do you think you could post a link please?
also is the trunk id 5 numbers?

Sac916

You need to get your info from here...

http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&sid=4499

DEC which is referred to as Talk Group ID or TGID which are the 5 digit numbers.
Those are the Talk Groups that need to be programmed into the scanner.

Site 001 generically refers to "City" users
Site 002 generically refers to "County" users

Digital should begin soon after Jan 2007.

If you like the 246T you'll like the 396T.

Hazmat109

ok, first i used arc246t and made my system then group with the channels with the DEC and uploaded it. i go to scan and it says it has nothing to scan. so then i tried to manually put one in (ex. 53232) and it said "BAD TGID". idk whats wrong. idk if its because i deleted all of the preprogramed systems or not, it shouldnt be.

when i used arc246t i typed in all of the 5 digit DEC numbers and tehn transfered them into the scanner. didnt work yet again :(, so i decided to look at the TGID that was on the scanner and 53232 (county fire A2) shows up as 600-15, idk why it changed but i have a feeling thats the problem?

lol sorry im such a noob.

Last edited:

RolnCode3

Your problem is your understanding of your scanner. Put "nothing to scan" in the search box for the forums, and look for threads that talk about the 246. Follow the instructions to fix the problem.

Basically, you don't have anything active for the scanner to scan. In the software, if you set a quickkey for a system, then turn that quickkey on, it should fix your problem.

Sac916

Hazmat109 said:
ok, first i used arc246t and made my system then group with the channels with the DEC and uploaded it. i go to scan and it says it has nothing to scan

Within the software it sounds like you haven't selected which systems you want to scan. You can manually do this on the scanner itself.

Here is an "easy to read" manual.

http://myweb.cableone.net/marksscanners/246/246.html#system keys

" To turn a single system on or off or a system not assigned to a quick key, you have to unlock it or lock it out. Press and hold the Func button. Rotate the scroll control until the system want to lock or unlock appears. Press L/O to lock or unlock the system. Releasing the Func button will return to scanning. "

Status
Not open for further replies.