Sacramento Trunked Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

posse401

Premium Subscriber
I am going to be spending a lot more time in Sacramento County than before and want to know if the trunked systems are digital or not?

I see in the DB that it says both analog and digital. If it is not yet, does anyone know a timeframe for it going digital?

Thanks.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Sacramento TRS

99% of the traffic on the Sacramento TRS is analog. Only one agency, Los Rios College, is digital. You can see the scanners I use below to monitor.

Sac916

posse401 said:
I am going to be spending a lot more time in Sacramento County than before and want to know if the trunked systems are digital or not?

I see in the DB that it says both analog and digital. If it is not yet, does anyone know a timeframe for it going digital?

Thanks.

You may see some casual changes to digital in the distant future (months/years) , but that is user dependent. Each agency/department has their own timetable. Sac Sheriff and Sac Police have a timetable in years due to the large number of radios that need to be replaced.

Buying a radio like the Uniden BC-246T and you'll have plenty of time to enjoy monitoring Sacramento County agencies/departments.

Status
Not open for further replies.