Sad News (loss of a member)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highpockets

It deeply saddens me to inform the Utah Forun that qlajlu has passed away, it happened sometime Monday night.

I will miss my friend and I ask all the members to have his family in their thoughts and prayers.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
This is terribly sad news. He was an incredibly helpful guy and his knowledge and insight will be very sorely missed around here. His stickied thread on the rebanding custom channel plans has helped out countless confused and frustrated listeners all across the country, not just in Utah. I suspect his passing came very quickly and unexpectedly, as I see his last post was around 8pm local time Monday evening. May he rest peacefully.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
My prayers go out to him and family, God bless him.

I too will miss those daily contact.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. Having this happen around Xmas isn't easy.

Mike

Utah_Viper

Im at a loss....

He was by far one of best contributors, both in the Utah section, but all over the forums as well. he was not able to make many of our in-person events but did attend a couple of times. He always stepped forward to help those in need with questions, programming, or other things in general.

One thing I will remember always is the way he welcomed EVERY new member in the Utah forum. he would offer information about the question asked, advise them to set the location so we could better assist, and make someone feel welcome and at home.

Though he could not get out much he always did what he could here; countless hours on the Wiki, updating the DB, and so many more things.

It was an honor to know you kind sir, and you will always be in our hearts.

bneilson

Premium Subscriber
I think the number of postings here says it all. He was a great person and very willing to help many of us. His efforts on the board undoubtedly assisted many people and he will be very missed by many of us...

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
what a loss indeed. He was always there to welcome a new person and ask them to put their location on their profile. Always helpful and will be sorely missed!
W

brandon

Database Admin
This is very sad news. He was a great gentlemen and will be missed. Rest in peace my friend.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Very sad. My prayers to his family. His expertise and friendliness will be missed here.

lwmcallister

Like many of us, I struggled with re-banding, he often and always went out of his way to help. I will miss his advise, candor, friendship and sense of humor. He was a great guy who will be missed by all. Rest-in-Peace.

walld13

passing

What was his name i only know him only by his screen name it apears that he did not suffer to long and
like every has said his shoe will be hard to fill

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
This is tragic news. My heart and prayers go out to his family. I echo the sentiments of those who have posted above. Extremely helpful person, very welcoming [even to a person not from Utah]. Tons of people [including myself] have been helped through rebanding thanks to his efforts and writeups.

He will be missed for sure.

Mike

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Age 65, first name Brent and a Marine Veteran of Vietnam. One heck of a nice person. He had some lower vascular issues (feet and legs) and was under outpatient treatment at Veterans Hospital in Salt Lake. Went for checkup at least once a week.

Highpockets was a very good friend as was I. All three of us were Vietnam Vets and all three share the same interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.