SAFE-T COVID-19 response

Status
Not open for further replies.

W9LW

Premium Subscriber
Hearing unusual traffic today on SWMA-8 (Statewide Mutual Aid 8) on project SAFE-T. Frequent references to health departments. I wonder if some agency is temporarily using this talkgroup for operations related to COVID-19. Does anyone know anything about this?

c_snyder

I've been listening to it all morning it's been non stop traffic. I do believe it's related to the current event.

cognetic

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the notice! Not hearing much now and will continue to monitor.
Hopefully more tests and PPE.

-cognetic

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
I heard several 89 and 95 units "delivering articles" at hospitals and health departments. Mostly in northern Indiana, but a few down south, too.

fire622

Has anyone caught much on the statewide mutual aid or regional mutual aid channels about the COVID-19 response. I saw above someone had caught some on SW-9 but it seems to be quiet on my scanner.

c_snyder

SW8 was active on Friday 3/20/20 for some sort of delivery detail but that's all I have really caught. I've gotten several hits on ISDH talkgroups but no voice traffic. (10675 H2H North, 10700 Epidemiology) Lots of joins / logins, i'm assuming they're doing functionality checks on radios.

AK9R

Super Moderator
Today, it was 88 units checking in on SWMA-4 as having arrived at destination or made delivery.

Sdowns46360

Premium Subscriber
This is medical surplus supplies delivered from National Guard to statewide hospitals. Deliveries being made by DOT and ISP units. Have heard this traffic on the SWMA talk groups.

AK9R

Super Moderator
Yep. I heard them on SWMA-4 today checking in with the Bloomington dispatcher.

W9NES

ISP Troopers are using Statewide MA-4 talkgroup 10674 for transportation of testing supplies to hospitals across the state. I have heard Troopers from Lowell Dist 13,Dist 42. Dist 45, and Dist 33 Bloomington Post.

Status
Not open for further replies.