Safe-T - MECA Digital - dumb luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

delallen

I live in Johnson County, so my main point of interest is the Greenwood Safe-T tower.
My second point of interest was Dist 52. You can't get Dist 52 off of the Greenwood tower reliably.
My third point of interest is MECA digital. I had the same problem as most did. I finally fine tuned my yagi towards Mann and Southport Rd. Now I have MECA nice and clear.
So this morning I started looking at tower locations and discovered that I was pointed thru the Greenwood tower to the MECA tower. I thought well, what towers are in the same direction. The Plainfield Safe-T tower is in a direct line from my house, thru the Greenwood site, thru the MECA site, to the Plainfield site. I now have Dist 52 loud and clear.

My point is that if we have to use directional antennas for MECA we might loose a tower of interest. If we get outside of the box and look at line of sight we might be able to compensate fot it.

This was just my dumb luck...

Last edited:

jerk

I live in Johnson County, so my main point of interest is the Greenwood Safe-T tower.
My second point of interest was Dist 52. You can't get Dist 52 off of the Greenwood tower reliably.
My third point of interest is MECA digital. I had the same problem as most did. I finally fine tuned my yagi towards Mann and Southport Rd. Now I have MECA nice and clear.
So this morning I started looking at tower locations and discovered that I was pointed thru the Greenwood tower to the MECA tower. I thought well, what towers are in the same direction. The Plainfield Safe-T tower is in a direct line from my house, thru the Greenwood site, thru the MECA site, to the Plainfield site. I now have Dist 52 loud and clear.

My point is that if we have to use directional antennas for MECA we might loose a tower of interest. If we get outside of the box and look at line of sight we might be able to compensate fot it.
This was just my dumb luck...

Sounds like smart thinking outside of the box... now you could try for distance and see what other interesting things turn up. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.