Safe -t question

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
There are a few counties that are not going SAFE-T. Out of those, several have their own P25 trunked systems either now online or coming online soon. Including Marion, Hamilton, and Madison using the Indianapolis Department of Public Safety family of systems, Lake on its own P25 Phase II TRS, Tippecanoe on its own P25, Allen on its own P25, Howard on its own P25, and the ODDBALL Steuben on an OpenSKY, and Vanderburgh on EDACS with its own P25 in the works, and Warrick has an LTR (expect an upgrade/conversion of that before very long).

Last edited by a moderator:

amm5172

There are a few counties that are not going SAFE-T. Out of those, several have their own P25 trunked systems either now online or coming online soon. Including Marion, Hamilton, and Madison using the Indianapolis Department of Public Safety family of systems, Lake on its own P25 Phase II TRS, Tippecanoe on its own P25, Allen on its own P25, Howard on its own P25, and the ODDBALL Steuben on an OpenSKY, and Vanderburgh on EDACS with its own P25 in the works, and Warrick has an LTR (expect an upgrade/conversion of that before very long).

I receive Warrick on the Safe-T system.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DJ11DLN

I receive Warrick on the Safe-T system.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It's likely a link and what you're hearing are "virtual talkgroups." That's how I listen to Owen Co. on Safe-T, which is NXDN conventional...and I've heard ENC, though I don't have a NXDN radio to try to decode it with and verify this.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Issi patched from the ltr

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

DJ11DLN

Owen simulcasts

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk
However they're doing it, I'm just glad I can listen to them. Don't ever seem to hear much on the Fire and EMS TGs but their Sheriff Dispatch is extremely active. I do get Fire/EMS tone-outs etc on their conventional repeaters.

Please pardon the thread hijack.

Ed6698

I had a first time thing happen last night on the SAFE-T system, granted Lake County has not transitioned to Phase I yet. About 8pm last night I got a PRVT wildcard hit, never ever have gotten one before that I know of. Did not actually hear anything though, I looked at the screen when I heard my alert sound, I was like wow what is this, but like I said I heard nothing. Just that 1 time, wonder what it was.

Cardiac69

Premium Subscriber
I don't believe Lake County will migrate to Safe-T as they just spent $10 mil on their system (Other than a few isolated agencies such as Cedar Lake and Schererville)

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
The Lake County TGs on SAFE-T are for backup in case something crashes on their P25 system, and for interop with state agencies/surrounding area SAFE-T users. Lake County radios have both systems programmed, and will most likely be getting updated soon to reflect the changes to the SAFE-T system. Same with all other agencies that have their own systems for primary comms. Only Clarke is the reverse, with SAFE-T as primary, and their own P25 as backup. LC is a similar setup to how we run here in INDY area. We use the IDPS systems as primary, but can, and do access SAFE-T when needed, and ISP and the other SAFE-T users around us also have the IDPS systems in their radios and flip over to work with us when needed.

Ed6698

I don't believe Lake County will migrate to Safe-T as they just spent $10 mil on their system (Other than a few isolated agencies such as Cedar Lake and Schererville)

When I mentioned Lake County I did not mean the localities in it. SAFE-T however will be transitioning to P25 Phase I in Lake County as the entire state is.

h00sierdaddy

The Lake County TGs on SAFE-T are for backup in case something crashes on their P25 system, and for interop with state agencies/surrounding area SAFE-T users. Lake County radios have both systems programmed, and will most likely be getting updated soon to reflect the changes to the SAFE-T system. Same with all other agencies that have their own systems for primary comms. Only Clarke is the reverse, with SAFE-T as primary, and their own P25 as backup. LC is a similar setup to how we run here in INDY area. We use the IDPS systems as primary, but can, and do access SAFE-T when needed, and ISP and the other SAFE-T users around us also have the IDPS systems in their radios and flip over to work with us when needed.

The one major delay of SAFE-T getting into Lake Co subscribers is the lack of local programmers with a SAFE-T key. Probably won't fully transition until the end of this year, best guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ed6698

I know in the past I would occasionally hear towns in Lake County use the SAFE-T system every so often, when all the towns were all VHF. However since Lake County has moved to their own P25 system I have yet to hear them use SAFE-T at all anymore.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
The subscriber radios will all be ready for transition, which is about to happen. They may rarely get much use other than a few agencies, but IPSC, and Motorola are not playing around. The simulcast, and all radios that will be able to use it will all be ready, and rolling. You may never hear much out of Lake on SAFE-T after the testing, but they will have capability. :)

h00sierdaddy

I know in the past I would occasionally hear towns in Lake County use the SAFE-T system every so often, when all the towns were all VHF. However since Lake County has moved to their own P25 system I have yet to hear them use SAFE-T at all anymore.

I'm not aware of anyone using SAFE-T since the Lake Co P25P2 had been turned on, mostly because the old/legacy vhf systems were getting so unreliable and the new system has so far, been working excellent.

Even once Lake Co gets their subscribers onto SAFE-T, you probably won't see then using it much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.