SAFE-T RIDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

usswood

I propose starting a RID database...face it, if you love to log RIDs either via TRUNK88 or UNITRUNKER, it is impossible to log all ids when some units pass threw and maybe just affiliate and never talk. Someone else might have caught them transmitting and have logged their car number...Who's game???

scanningisfun

UIDs/RIDs are logged on RR. They are logged in the wiki of each system. I remember reading somewhere about how they where not supposed to be in the DB, but instead kept in the wiki. Go to the system you want, and click wiki at the top of the page. Then while on the system wiki page, see if you can find any RID page links. Edit the page with what info you have.

Jacob

scannerfreak

Database Admin
I propose starting a RID database...face it, if you love to log RIDs either via TRUNK88 or UNITRUNKER, it is impossible to log all ids when some units pass threw and maybe just affiliate and never talk. Someone else might have caught them transmitting and have logged their car number...Who's game???

Lets get it on. I currently have 7,106 SAFE-T RID's I can contribute :D

dfoutch

Premium Subscriber
I"ll start with blocks in MadisonCo.
DOC CIF Low-2674~High-2931
DOC ISR Low-2986~High-3351
DOC PNJ Low 3353~High-3501
(Unit numbers are impossable to get)

MadisonCo gov +/-
(Radios Aff with MC TGs)
5384~5407
5613~5634
35492~36538
52167~52187
59441~59457
59670~59695
63949~64053

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
I have a few hundred for Westchester County N.Y. Haven't bother to do buses, but it's very seldom that I get an ID I don't already have logged. In fact I am beginning to see RID's being reassigned as the radios are moved from old vehicles to new ones, especially Fire Chief cars.

Apparently there is no WIKI for the Westchester County system.

Last edited:

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Apparently there is no WIKI for the Westchester County system.
There is a wiki article for Westchester County, New York.

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Westchester_County_(NY)

You can add your information to that wiki article.

Or, the Westchester County UHF Trunked System has a link to an empty wiki article. If you click the "edit this page" link, you'll go into the wiki's editor where you can start entering information. I do ask that you follow the format of the other RR Wiki articles.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Alright guys. I did some work on the SAFE-T page today:

Indiana Project Hoosier SAFE-T - The RadioReference Wiki

I broken them down into groups of 5000. Figured that would be the easiest way. They are in numerical order and formatting can be seen on the edit screen. Please make sure you format correctly so we don't break the page.

Bob if you see anything wrong, or see a better way to do this, please feel free to make any changes you see fit. I just wanted to get the ball rolling.

So have at it! Lets see how many we can come up with :)

AK9R

Super Moderator
Steve, I like lines around table cells. It helps my myopic, presbyopic, and astigmatic eyes follow the rows and columns. But, what you've done is fine. I like that you included "Indiana Project SAFE-T" in the article titles. When I first saw the links from the main SAFE-T article, I was worried that we'd have some ambiguous article titles, but you covered it well.

Folks, if you edit the RID articles by hand, please be very careful with the formatting. Editing MediaWiki tables is a bit odd and it's easy to screw things up.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
To be honest, I couldn't figure out how to do that. Let me know how and I can redo them.

"Folks, if you edit the RID articles by hand, please be very careful with the formatting. Editing MediaWiki tables is a bit odd and it's easy to screw things up."

Ya, I thought about that. But doing the traditional * list just looked horrible. I hope it doesn't shy people away from editing them.

If anyone here feels intimidated by the formatting, feel free to shoot me a PM and I can add them.

Last edited:

Anon6083

Premium Subscriber
I'm glad to see this coming together, but I've got to say that inserting my RIDs into this is a huge pain when done in MediaWiki. The lack of sorting in and of itself makes this a painful undertaking. Still, at least we have somewhere to store them, but I really believe a richer interface would benefit this effort greatly.

Edit: Ehh, I guess with CTRL+F, it can be done quickly enough. Still. Rich interface.

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I'm not sure what you mean by the 'lack of sorting', because if you add the following statement as the very first line in your table definition (before all the 'aligns', then all the columns become sortable;

class="wikitable sortable"

HTH...Mike

Anon6083

Premium Subscriber
Would this be the thread to try to resolve conflicts regarding a RID? In my case, I've logged i46364 as 95-95 off of the Fort Wayne site, but someone else has logged it as 76-30. This kind of makes me wish that I'd logged the date that I saw that RID.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
The 7,114 ID's I added are definitely going to have a bunch of the users outdated. The agency it's assigned to should be right. I don't/can't monitor most of them on a daily basis and most were from road trips. If you see one that doesn't jive feel free to change it.

I agree though, someone who has a bunch, it's going to take a while to add them. That's going to be a big issue to overcome for sure.

If anyone has any other ideas at all on how to make this a better process, please chime in. I'm open to sharing my ID's in any way.

Last edited:

Anon6083

Premium Subscriber
The 7,114 ID's I added are definitely going to have a bunch of the users outdated. The agency it's assigned to should be right. I don't/can't monitor most of them on a daily basis and most were from road trips. If you see one that doesn't jive feel free to change it.

I agree though, someone who has a bunch, it's going to take a while to add them. That's going to be a big issue to overcome for sure.

Ok, will do. In this case, I've preserved the previous Unit # in the Notes column.

Anon6083

Premium Subscriber
I'm glad you searched first; I was about to start writing something to do this.

AK9R

Super Moderator
I added the table sort style, tweaked the header, and added cell borders.

Damn, that's a lot of data.

Status
Not open for further replies.