SAFE-T Scan Setups

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
I often am asked how to set up the SAFE-T in various scanners to monitor X, or Y, or X, Y, and Z....

Every scanner is unique in its architecture as far as CH/Bank/Object/DMA systems.
So each person's needs is also unique as to what they want to monitor.
So in an effort to assist yall, I am going to demonstrate how I have run SAFE-T in my digital capable scanners.
PRO-96: How I had them set up when they were my primary digiscanners.
I split things up so I can control what I am hearing by Bank - First the local area *Same Sites in each Bank*
1 State Agencies, 2 Local Area LEA, 3 Local Area FD/EMS/EMA
Then the areas I travel to.
4 X, Y, Z, LEA, 5 X, Y, Z, FD/EMA/EMS
Then the Interop bank in 6 *SWMA, Regional MA etc*
7, 8, 9, 0 I have IDPS, and conventional

BCD396XT:
As this scanner uses DMA, and has more space to play with, it made things more interesting to arrange.
SQ 4 SAFE-T State and Interops, SQ 5 SAFE-T Counties (Surrounding local, and the ones I travel to.)

BCD436HP: I have the ENTIRE SAFE-T as far as TGs, and all the Sites around my area, and travel area in one SQK.

With the 96s I locked out, or opened Banks as I needed them editing with ARC96 or Win96, with the 396XT, I turn on or off the SQKs as needed, and can edit things simply with Proscan or sometimes FreeSCAN. The 436HP I can flesh out, or strip down the system to my needs fairly simply with Sentinel and Proscan.

Hope this helps yall in setting up your scanners.

DJ11DLN

I figured you would have a pretty comprehensive setup. Being just a piker at this myself, I'm not ashamed to say that I've just got mine broken down by County, except for some of the larger areas where I have County and City in separate scan lists. I also have ISP in its own list, plus the MA groups in theirs, and Excise, IDEM, IDHS, and a few other state-level things in a list by themselves. Then come local Ham repeaters and of course the Skywarn list.

Most of this is also designated in Scanlist 1, which I renamed to "Everything," which is what I use probably 98% of the time. But the capability is there to drill down when there is some big or interesting incident going on that I want to focus on. It's not nearly as nice as yours, but it works for me, which is all that's necessary.

Being shut up in the house thanks to Mr. Norovirus the past few days, I should probably take the opportunity to refine it some, LOL.

BT

Tables?

I have a Pro-106 that I have the old system programmed into. Does it need the custom tables to accomodate the rebanding or not? The old safe T thread seems to say it does but I'm not certain, and if it does need the table, what is it?

Thanks,
BT

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Use software to program and use rebanded settings.

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.