SAFE-T Settings for PSR-600

Status
Not open for further replies.

afdscan

I'm hoping to find some help in programming the settings for my GRE 600 for safe-T. For example; should the Narrow FM be set to yes or no? What should I set the dwell time to? Should the DIG AGC be on or off? What about superTrack? Multi-Site? Not to mention the advanced settings... such as DG Int Prime? Noise Thresh?

I'm presently using the factory default settings but I think I might be missing some transmissions and some transmissions are a little distorted.

Any recommendations?

Viper43

Default should work.... BUT, it also depends on your location and the the tower(s) your trying to monitor. Some areas you need an external antenna. And it also depends on if it is the mobile unit thats distorted or the base, most cases where it is the mobile there isn't anything you can do because it has to do with that units location and you can't change that. If it's the base then move the scanner to another location and see if that helps, if not then an exterior antenna may help.
With a discone antenna at about 30' I can pull in 25 SAFET tower sites at home so it makes a big difference.

V

Viper43

The RS discone, but others work too, you can get cheaper ones but it was quicker to get the RS.

V

Status
Not open for further replies.