SAFE-T Site Map?

Status
Not open for further replies.

del1964

Premium Subscriber
Is there a SAFE-T site map somewhere where it shows the exact site location and a radial coverage area? I know there's a map of the state showing tower sites but I'm looking for if you're in a certain area in the state if you can visually see all the intersecting coverage areas with circles

spooney

Yes, if you click on the site name a coverage map opens for that site with a big red circle showing the coverage area. Also on that page you can click on the FCC License Call Sign and get more details of the site location(s).

Last edited:

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
If you know how to work Google Earth, you can easily make a full SAFE-T map. Take the FRN of the SAFE-T, and use it to plot all the sites, and then you can play with ranges to show coverage. Average range for coverage to be technically correct, is about 20 miles radius (assuming average antenna height is around the 250 - 300 Ft range, with 100 Watts output.) Though in actuality this can vary from 15, to 30 miles depending on various factors.

del1964

Premium Subscriber
I found a page on the SAFET site that lists all sites with each Latitude and Longitude. Very nice

Status
Not open for further replies.