Safe-T

Status
Not open for further replies.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Living in Vanderburgh County I wanted to be able to receive the Evansville Post tower on SAFE-T. Being that my house in way SOUTH almost to Kentucky I never could get a decent signal from the Post which is up NORTH near I 64. I tried a DISCONE and a RS VHF/UHF antenna but they didn't work well. Actually, I got a better signal from EVANSVILLE Post with the back of set antenna that came with the scanner. Thought I was going to have to settle for Henderson, KY tower and Marrs Center tower as they were the 2 towers I could receive. The HAM STATION let me borrow a cell phone yagi which was for the 800 Mhz range and I tried it out. Now, I can pick up the Post tower and at night sometimes I get a control signal from the Gibson Co tower (Not reliable though) Thought being a YAGI, I'd lose the other two towers but they seem to still be reliable although MARRS Center is reduced in signal strength. The next step I think I will do is try combining a VHF/UHF antenna with the Yagi to see how running 2 antenna on one scanner works out. So far though I like the yagi as I get traffic on the POST Tower that isn't on the other 2 towers (like PIKE Co, Gibson Co, etc)

KC9LVX
Evansville, In Feed
Henderson, KY Feed

spooney

I live near Angel Mounds and the post tower is a stretch for me also. I receive it ok, but that's because I have a 60ft tower with a beam antenna & a PAR MON 3. Also because of the coax length and number of scanners attached I use a Stridsberg Active Multi-coupler. At night and early mornings I have received as far as Paoli and even Terre Haute. How do you have KSP setup in your scanner. Have you tried P25 Single-Freq Trunk System setup. It works ok for me and you can see the radio id's.

Last edited:

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Ksp

I live near Angel Mounds and the post tower is a stretch for me also. I receive it ok, but that's because I have a 60ft tower with a beam antenna & a PAR MON 3. Also because of the coax length and number of scanners attached I use a Stridsberg Active Multi-coupler. At night and early mornings I have received as far as Paoli and even Terre Haute. How do you have KSP setup in your scanner. Have you tried P25 Single-Freq Trunk System setup. It works ok for me and you can see the radio id's.

I don't monitor KSP on the Evansville FEED...That is a seperate scanner doing the Henderson, KY feed. For KSP I pick up POST 16 A-1 and B-1 the strongest so that is all I monitor for KSP. And that scanner is a 996T which doesn't do UNIT ID's. 60 Ft tower WOW I need one. lol One of these days I really plan on putting this one tower up....

kb9sxk

I live behind Day School (North Stockwell Rd.) I can get the post and Henderson at about = strength on my duck. I can not generally get Marrs tower. With my Safe-T radio, It prefers the affiliate with the State Post when I'm at home.

I can not hear the KSP system with the scanner at my house.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Scalesville

I live behind Day School (North Stockwell Rd.) I can get the post and Henderson at about = strength on my duck. I can not generally get Marrs tower. With my Safe-T radio, It prefers the affiliate with the State Post when I'm at home.

I can not hear the KSP system with the scanner at my house.

So do you pick up the Scalesville Tower in WARRICK Co?

Status
Not open for further replies.