SAFET vs Lake County Public Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryradio

Premium Subscriber
What is the difference between the PROJECT HOOSIER SAFET site vs. Lake County Public Safety?

Which should I be scanning if I am interested in my local PD and FIRE/EMS?

Im setting up a new scanner, and have sorted the "lake county public safety" P25 site by my liking. Now I see the project safety lake county simulcast and I wonder if that is just redundant to have that programmed as well.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
For Lake CO traffic the LCTRS for State traffic the SAFE-T. LC has TG on SAFE-T but only for backup and interop.

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

ryradio

Premium Subscriber
Thanks... so I want to monitor the "LC Public Safety" P25 site....

Im in st john... and I am having trouble hearing st john, dyer, munster on the P25 site. Schererville and cedar lake I am getting a little chatter on the old conv. system. Crown point I see very little chatter on the P25 site and some on conventional.

I am using the stock antenna on a Uniden 996P2... so perhaps that is my issue. Maybe I am out of range from the towers? Where are they located?

The scanner (and its settings) are new to me. I used a radio ref. import into Freescan and did not change any settings... just as downloaded from the database. Im not sure if that could be the issue?

or alternatively, Are the towns I mention even using the P25 site yet or are they encrypted or something?

Either way, I am certainly missing out I think.

Last edited:

ryradio

Premium Subscriber
Reception and programing is not the issue, I believe my problem is that I just don't understand exactly how this new consolidated system works.

I do hear the St John and Dyer PD dispatch on the County Police dispatch groups. I have not found where on the County talkgroups that the towns Fire/Ems are.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.