Safeway Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
North Metro Batt Chief requesting a working fire tone for the Safeway Store 3600 West 144th (x Lowell).

O/F DTRS Ops B and Online

Jim<

jfab

Does anyone have anymore information on this fire? This is the Safeway I work at and went in there today to see what happened...everything is ok, business as usual. Didn't see any damage or anything, and of course didn't have my radio with me last night.Thanks!

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
It was a little weird the first engine onscene reported flames showing and requested a working fire tone, Batt Chief sent most of the entire dept then about 10 mins later another working fire tone on dispatch but never heard any size up or details about attaching an actual fire or such.

Might want to listen to the recording in the archives of scancolorado it was pretty impressive at the time, but seemed to turn into nothing.

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
BROOMFIELD - Safeway is open once again to the public after a fire Monday night that forced the store to close.
Advertisement

Fire investigators say that a fire was intentionally set to the outside of the building.

North Metro Fire Rescue responded Monday night to reports of a fire to the outside of the grocery store, located at 3600 West 144th Avenue.

On arrival, firefighters found wood pallets and trash on fire. Ambulance crew members pulled the fire alarm inside the building to evacuate it.

The fire was contained to the exterior of the building within minutes, causing minimal damage.

Anyone with information regarding this fire is asked to please contact Broomfield Police Detective Brendan Sullivan at 303-438-6465.

jfab

It was a little weird the first engine onscene reported flames showing and requested a working fire tone, Batt Chief sent most of the entire dept then about 10 mins later another working fire tone on dispatch but never heard any size up or details about attaching an actual fire or such.

Might want to listen to the recording in the archives of scancolorado it was pretty impressive at the time, but seemed to turn into nothing.

Jim<
That is interesting....I will have to investigate tonight at work. I'm assuming it was in the back of the store since pallets and trash were on fire. Thanks Jim!

Status
Not open for further replies.