Saginaw Country Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

smooth781

Premium Subscriber
I hope this is the right place for this. I will start out that I have 3 pro 96 scanners. I live in Saginaw Township and as I see by reading on here i am not the only one to have them gone silent. I took them to the radio shack in the mall because they said they could reprogram them, which they did. i got home and nothing came in. i went back a few days later and they said they would do it again. They said theirs works just fine. I never heard anything but maybe a MSP channel from theirs and questioned them on it. But I took them back home and to no superise of mine they don't work. I don't think they have the new stuff yet. I have done many days of reading what I dont really understand, But have tried. I then thought just maybe I could get out the easy way. So I went back to Radio Shack and bought the usb cable to program the scanner myself. Hook it up all good so far i can read and write to the scanner. So now I am thinking problem 1 solved. next i need to find the right stuff to put on the scanner. This seemed to be a bigger chalance then I thought it wont be. I think not understanding all the terms does not help me. So I then say this program called acr96 which will help me program the scanner. Now I have this program. I then see that it will login here and look up Saginaw Country. So i paid for the service, Put in my user name and password, picked Michigan then saginaw Country. But when I do this their is very little there. So now I am stuck again. Can I find a easy way to do this? Please help or point me in the right direction please. I hope by the information i have given you will see that I have tried to figure this out.

Thanks Shawn

smooth@tm.net

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
All they generally do to reprogram them is to put the preprogrammed ones back in is all. What that amounts to is enabling the the old 800 analog system! Obviously thats off the air.
Pick up msp, sure it does on the mpscs preprogrammed as that was one Im sure already was in as the Saginaw digital is brand new.

You have to start a new P25 system.
plug in frequencies 851.01250 852.23750 855.11250 866.41250 866.55000 866.62500 866.71250 866.95000
867.15000 867.25000 867.42500 867.58750 867.91250 867.98750 868.18750 868.50000
868.86250 868.95000 868.98750

The last two most important as those are the control frequencies

smooth781

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the quick reply. I see the list you posted. It seemed to ask other questions when I tried before to putting those in. Would you use a program to put those in, or do it manual? I know I see things in the program about trucking do I need to tell it this or will the scanner just know this? I am trying to not sound too dumb here.

smooth781

Premium Subscriber
I now have those in the scanner and am gettng some. Thanks for this. Is this new digital systema truck system also? 868.98750 is nothing but static I had to lock it out. What are thoses 5 digit numbers people talk about on here?

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Saginaw County

Well for Saginaw County (not country) , also its 'Trunk'ing, not truck hehe, I know picky picky!

The 868.9875 is one of the control channels, all be it listed as the backup one though.
Maybe there is an adjustment or setting still needed. I am VERY familiar with the Uniden's, not so on the the Radio Shack (GRE) models though.
### If someone who is better at programming a PRO96 can shed some light to help him out... Super!

Five digit? Maybe your referring to talkgroup ID's? I.e. 2171 is County Dispatch.
If that what your referring too? Only 5 digit ones I see are for the road commission being used at the moment.

Yes I do program scanners uniden that is through the PC, its much easier! You still can do all the programming through the scanner though.
You'll have to have a cable to hook from radio Shack to do it as well and a program designed to do so.
Heres a link for some support info Pro-96 - The RadioReference Wiki
Along with software and at the near bottom a lOT of links for support as well!

Here is the link for Saginaw County from before they started digital to after, might be helpful, http://forums.radioreference.com/mi...saginaw-county-project-25-trs.html#post913663

Radio Shack forums http://forums.radioreference.com/radio-shack-scanners/

Last edited:

smooth781

Premium Subscriber
Yes the talk group Id's are what I am having a problem with now. I just dont see what to do with them. I am not sure with what you gave me I am getting Saginaw City. So let me try to understand this the frequencies you gave me, are for the towers? Then the talk group Id's narow it down to the department from the towers?

Ok this is an edit to the above 10 minutes later. I went to the pro 96 page and there was a DSP update which I did. Now it would seen to me that everyone sounds clearer and I am getting the city police. Now I just need to figure out this talk group thing.

Last edited:

smooth781

Premium Subscriber
Almost there I think

I entered in the talk groups I wanted and named them. But I never see the names and have no idea if they are doing anything. I posted screen shots of what I have done so far. My main question is on screen 3 about the setting on this page. Do I need to change anything here. Under bank type there not trucked and I can pick Motorola there. Then do I do anything under truck settings or just leave it alone? I am hearing things tonight so I know I'm on the right track so far.

Thanks for your time looking at this

Attachments

• scanner1.jpg
    scanner1.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 345
  • scanner2.jpg
    scanner2.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 361
  • scanner3.jpg
    scanner3.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 358

scsscanner

Premium Subscriber
Counties Macomb & Roscommon MI Sarasota County
I am not familiar with the software you are using, however I did notice on the last screen shot there is a place to select Bank Type, you have Not Trunked. You are listening to a TRUNKED system, so change it to trunked and see what happens.

Dennis

smooth781

Premium Subscriber
When I use the pull down menu for bank type I picked Motorola. In the trunk setting in the third picture I am not sure what would go there, But what is there looks wrong

smooth781

Premium Subscriber
I changed the pull down to Motorla, But have no idea if I need to change the number below that.

a29zuk

I am not familiar with the Pro-96 or the software you are using. But nowhere on the software page are you showing a P-25 selection. Perhaps in the "Bank Type" there is a selection for P-25 as this is a digital system not an anolog Motorola system. The number(s) below allows you to divide your banks into sub-banks. Since you only have 18 ID's programmed you only need to check the first box(00-29). If you add more ID's later on, to the sum of over 30 than you would have to check the second box also.

Good Luck,
Jim

Last edited:

smooth781

Premium Subscriber
I know I am close to getting this whole thing done. This is whats left that I dont know what to do with. I circled the part I'm not sure of. Do I need to change anything in there?

Thanks

Attachments

• scanner.jpg
    scanner.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 270
Status
Not open for further replies.