Saia Tier 3/Capacity Max

ak716

Premium Subscriber
462.0125 is now reporting TIIInonStd(MOT)...so CapMax.... Site L6-17 CC 7 RAS with Neighbors 1,2,3,4,10,11 and 26.

Looks to me like the CapMax switchover will be a direct swap, with site numbers included from the Con+ system.

I didn't notice any true activity other than the CC, but I also didn't see it last week, so it's new.

k2hz

Database Admin
Is there any indication of TIII activity on Site 2? I checked all frequencies I am aware of for the site and either inactive or Con+.

ak716

Premium Subscriber
Not that I'm finding. I just did the same. Con+ 171 is using 461.2500 for its CC as I type this on Site 17.

I'll leave it parked on there for a while and see if there is any activity, but seeing how it's probably in the initial buildout/transition stages, I don't expect anything beyond a tech or two maybe registering to it.

ak716

Premium Subscriber
462.0125 is Ch 1925/1926, also noted activity on Ch 1859, but I don't have that frequency yet. Looks like the same TGs and RIDs will be used, going off the 2 users and 1 TG I logged.

k2hz

Database Admin
462.0125 is Ch 1925/1926, also noted activity on Ch 1859, but I don't have that frequency yet. Looks like the same TGs and RIDs will be used, going off the 2 users and 1 TG I logged.
LSN 1859 should be 461.600. One again, if these frequencies are Cap Max they need to be taken out of the Uniden Con+ frequencies for the Site since the scanners apparently can't tell the difference if the Color Code is the same so it is 50/50 what Control Chanel it picks to track.

If this activity is consistent on Site 17 please submit to delete the Cap Max frequencies from the Con+ Site frequencies.

ak716

Premium Subscriber
LSN 1859 should be 461.600. One again, if these frequencies are Cap Max they need to be taken out of the Uniden Con+ frequencies for the Site since the scanners apparently can't tell the difference if the Color Code is the same so it is 50/50 what Control Chanel it picks to track.

If this activity is consistent on Site 17 please submit to delete the Cap Max frequencies from the Con+ Site frequencies.

So, either DSD is messing up, which I don't think it did, or the CapMax and Con+ are using the same frequencies simultaneously. 461.6000 just had TIII data traffic on it, showing L6-17 CC 7, and then stopped. Then switched to Con+ and had voice traffic from 171-17 from known TG's. Moments after that, more TIII L6-17 data. So, I think that might become a problem to do it that way for tracking in the DB properly.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
So, either DSD is messing up, which I don't think it did, or the CapMax and Con+ are using the same frequencies simultaneously. 461.6000 just had TIII data traffic on it, showing L6-17 CC 7, and then stopped. Then switched to Con+ and had voice traffic from 171-17 from known TG's. Moments after that, more TIII L6-17 data. So, I think that might become a problem to do it that way for tracking in the DB properly.

Don't know how true it is, but I remember a post from a guy in the Indiana forums talking about an Indiana wide area CON+ system upgrading to CAPMAX. And he said that the CAP+, CON+ and CAPMAX systems could coexist, intercommunicate, and use some of the same frequencies. Said CAPMAX was that flexible. Basically to aid in transition from CON+ to CAPMAX.

Again, no idea if that is factual or not.

Mike

k2hz

Database Admin
Don't know how true it is, but I remember a post from a guy in the Indiana forums talking about an Indiana wide area CON+ system upgrading to CAPMAX. And he said that the CAP+, CON+ and CAPMAX systems could coexist, intercommunicate, and use some of the same frequencies. Said CAPMAX was that flexible. Basically to aid in transition from CON+ to CAPMAX.

Again, no idea if that is factual or not.

Mike
If it is a voice channel, it can probably coexist in the scanner but once it becomes a Control Channel, it has to be locked out in the scanner in the other mode. It probably can coexist in subscriber radios with no problem but scanners aren't that "smart" to know the difference between a Con+ and and Cap Max Control Channel so they will randomly sit on either one.

k2hz

Database Admin
So, for the SaiaNet systems, if a site frequency is confirmed to be a Cap Max control channel that frequency will be deleted from the Con+ site frequencies. Any frequency that is shared Con+/Cap Max will be listed on both systems in the RRDB.

k2hz

Database Admin
Site 2 now active 463.6625. From NL data, it appears Site 6, 452.3625 and Site 16, 464.6125, are pending but not yet on the air. Sites 4, 10 , 11 & 21 do not yet have their control channel LSNs programed. Sites will be added to RRDB when observed on the air.

I don't expect any activity except testing until all sites are up.

Last edited:

k2hz

Database Admin
Site 2 now active 463.6625. From NL data, it appears Site 6, 452.3625 and Site 16, 464.6125, are pending but not yet on the air. Sites 4, 10 , 11 & 21 do not yet have their control channel LSNs programed. Sites will be added to RRDB when observed on the air.

I don't expect any activity except testing until all sites are up.

Site 2 Control Channel now 454.6625. No activity on the other pending sites yet.

Site 1 is now up with a Neighbor List of other Buffalo sites: 3,4,8,10,17,23,26.