Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Am I the only one who is picking up 4 digit talkgroups on this system
I have my scanner set to ID Search and 4 and 5 digit tg's keep coming up
tg
and so on.
I checked my setup and it seems to be ok I have no problem picking up tg's that are submitted to this site, just strange these kinds of tg's are coming up on my SDS100 scanner

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Those are not talk groups but private calls between units.
I see these talkgroups do not have the (i ) in front of them I do see private calls coming up that have an (i) I guess some private calls do not. I switched over to Discovery mode and the 4 digit tg's do have the (i) but a couple of them don't, OK thanks for the help with this
Steve

ak716

Premium Subscriber
I get them too. They don't get it (i) in front of them as well. But when you listen to the audio, its clearly a private call. Saia's TG's are all 6 digits, and begin with 5's

Saint

Premium Subscriber
I get them too. They don't get it (i) in front of them as well. But when you listen to the audio, its clearly a private call. Saia's TG's are all 6 digits, and begin with 5's
OK thanks everyone I was sure I was not picking up a hole lot of new tg's on this system so fast.
Steve

Saint

Premium Subscriber
I just put I0 in as a tg and set it to avoid, so far I have not picked up any Private calls but the system is not that busy now, I will give it a try tomorrow when it's busy I have found two new talkgroups 500102 Saianet communications radio tech's are on this working right now, they are setting up some kind of system for the Peace Bridge Authority. The other talkgroup is 510602 People controlling traffic,may be construction on a highway, traffic guys. I can confirm that these are trafic people that are directing trafic through a construction zone, they are paving a road.
Steve

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.