SaiaNet Repeater Map

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
My understanding is that the control channel for a DMR Connect Plus system hands out LCN numbers only, not frequencies (as a P25 system does), so to monitor such a system using a scanner you have to program all the frequencies with the correct LCN numbers. Yes? No?
Correct, only the LCN is broadcast over the control channel. If you don't program the frequencies for each LCN, you hear nothing.

If that is the case, then I am confused as to why the site map is showing twelve frequencies/LCN pairs for the Rochester site (16) yet the RR database only lists six, and not even the first six. Is this due to the normal RR rule of "only things personally observed get listed", or is there something else going on that I don't understand?
We only add what has been confirmed to be in use. Historically, these Con+ systems are fairly optimistic in that they will pre-add a number of frequencies to the repeater map when they don't actually exist in reality. Call it "future use" or whatever.

ak716

Premium Subscriber
Not every frequency listed in a repeater map for a Con+ system is used, in my experience. I may be wrong on this too, but, I believe its for either "future expansion", the ability to take a frequency from one site and move it to another if needed (if the license allows is). Not saying this is the case, but, look at Site 14, it uses LCN 3,5,6. Theoretically speaking, 1,2,4 could/were used there, and as the system needs changed, they could/did push out a new repeater map with more frequencies, adding 5 & 6, either new or from elsewhere, assigned to that site, move the equipment, get it up and running, update the site information there, and then 1,2,4 could be seamlessly taken offline without any hiccups, and that equipment or frequency could be used elsewhere. Site 1 is a good example of it. Site 1, busy site, basically the "main site" where a TON of traffic is on, has a ton of frequencies, more even listed on the repeater map, but not all of them are used.

Could be wrong, but that's my understanding and logic of the "madness"

sallen07

Premium Subscriber
We only add what has been confirmed to be in use. Historically, these Con+ systems are fairly optimistic in that they will pre-add a number of frequencies to the repeater map when they don't actually exist in reality. Call it "future use" or whatever.

Thanks. I programmed all the 'extra' frequencies in and will monitor for a few days to see if any of them are actually in use and submit them if so.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
@k2hz keeps a close eye on all of that stuff in and around the Rochester area, and the only change to Site 16 in recent times was the short-lived removal then reinstatement of 463.6125 (LCN 8) while they were testing the TIII system.

k2hz

Database Admin
@k2hz keeps a close eye on all of that stuff in and around the Rochester area, and the only change to Site 16 in recent times was the short-lived removal then reinstatement of 463.6125 (LCN 8) while they were testing the TIII system.
I am currently seeing only 1, 2(CC), 3, 6 & 8 active on Rochester Site 16.

ak716

Premium Subscriber
I see Site 4 is still on the new repeater map, but, I just noticed today, Site 4 is off the air. Anyone else notice that? It's still displaying as neighbors for Site 1, 10 and 23, but no longer on a few other sites neighbor list.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Site 4 was on the chopping block once Site 26 was fully built out and on the air, as the Grand Island site provides better coverage in that area.

ak716

Premium Subscriber
Just noticed today, Site 1 is no longer reporting Site 4 as a neighbor. As of last week, it was still there. So, it appears its really gone for good, just a FYI, incase anyone cares

k2hz

Database Admin
So the CON+ repeater map still lists the frequencies that have again been switched over to TIII testing like 454.6625 at Site 2 as discussed last evening in the Saia/Goosetown thread. If you are programming a scanner for the CON+ system these TIII frequencies need to be omitted or locked out or the scanner will sit on the TIII CC and you will hear nothing.

The repeater map is a good reference for possible frequency use at a site but not necessarily what is active that should be programmed in a scanner to monitor the CON+ system. Subscriber radios are smart enough to ignore the TIII signals but scanners seem to only care about the DCC matching.

ak716

Premium Subscriber
Hot off the airwaves this morning

Attachments

• ConP 171 Network Repeater Map v028400.txt
    22 KB · Views: 48

ak716

Premium Subscriber
So, no new map yet, but, a new site, Site 29, is now on 454.5000 (CC 9). Screaming signal in the Southtowns (zero gain on my SDR, and it's off the charts still). Its reporting neighbors of 1,4,10,17,26. Just throwing a dart at the map guess, I'm gonna say Highmark Stadium is the location. I just saw a microwave license get approved on the FCC for there, tying into Site 10. I'm about 99.9% confident it's not at Kill Buck (deep in Catt Co, the location on Saia's website for the proposed Site 29).

Rabid716

Hey everyone, I think there was a new map pushed out today from Seneca Tower around 11:30am but I'm not advanced enough to know if we have to change anything on our end :LOL:

ak716

Premium Subscriber
It would be in the DSDPlus folder, presumably titled something similar to what I posted before.

However, shortly after you posted this, I pulled up DSD, and there was nothing, so, I'd believe that it would just be a "one-off" update to an older radio, potentially something being turned on that hasn't in a while, due to the storm and needs an update. When there is a legit system update, that repeater map will be broadcasting for a while, ensuring that it will hit almost every radio on the system. In the past, I've seen maps being broadcast for days, sometimes over the weekends too, not just a quick blurp of a repeater map.