SaiaNet Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATCTech

When the last network map was sent (v027C00) there was a comment posted that many of the changes in the map had not yet been implemented. I don't watch this network that often but today I'm looking at site #2 (Attica). DSD+ is reporting 12 channels in-use, or 6 frequencies depending on your perspective. The RR posted database still shows only 4 frequencies (clearly not the case) while that last OTA transmitted map lists 12 frequencies (or 24 possible DSD+ channels). So, from an on-air perspective, neither is "right" although the 6 that DSD+ is using are indeed the first 6 frequencies in network map v027C00.

Has anyone else checked this same situation on other sites where frequencies were added in the last OTA map? I wonder if some expansion is done, but not as fully as v027C00 would indicate. If that is the case, I guess using it in DSD+ is the better alternative to missing frequencies where sites have been expanded.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The repeater map often has an optimistic view of things, and takes future expansion into account. The RRDB is pragmatic, and is based solely on user feedback. We do not dump things like a repeater map into the RRDB for the exact reason that it often shows future-use repeaters.

If you have found active frequencies in use that are not in the RRDB, please submit them to the system.

ATCTech

If you have found active frequencies in use that are not in the RRDB, please submit them to the system.

Will do as I plow through the sites receivable from up here. Hopefully those closer than I to many of the sites will see fit to do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.