Saint Peters Police Scanning Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

waingro223

I have the uniden bc396xt digital scanner and i know for a fact that the saint peters police use the motorola type 2 800MHz analog trunking system. My question is sometimes you can here them and on other days you can't hear them at all. I have the right control channels in my scanner and TGIDs. When i don't get them coming in i don't see a single bar on the screen from the control channels, but when they are working i get full bars. I talked to a saint peters officer today and he said they might be in the phase of going digital as of right now but he wasn't sure of anything at all. I know there building the new police station but sometimes you can here them and other times you can't. Does anyone know wtf might be going on with saint peters. Everybody else is working just fine in digital mode, O fallon, County Sheriff, Saint Charles City, Saint Louis City. But somethings up with saint peters and if anyone has any information it would be very appreciated. Thank you.

shaft

I have the 396t and I've had the same issue ever since they rebanded. I'll go weeks and lately its been a couple of months since I've heard them until this week. I figured I didnt have the scanner set up correctly for the rebanding channels, perhaps its another issue we are missing.

N2JDS

They indeed do have weak points, was talking with a few officers today who said even in their system they see occasional problems. They were told it was because of the foliage, guess that was to shut them up until the real problem was found. Funny thing is, my Pro-96 in my vehicle gets them well, and my base gets them now and then. I do have a new antenna to put up, just as soon as my days off coincide with the nice weather. I'll also be adding a new part for my weather station. have not had a true wind speed/direction since november

waingro223

Thanks for the information

Thanks for the information gentlemen. I just wonder when there going to go APCO-25 Digital. And Does anyone know of any digital encrypted frequencies. You think someone will find a way to crack it?

wb0wao

Thanks for the information gentlemen. I just wonder when there going to go APCO-25 Digital. And Does anyone know of any digital encrypted frequencies. You think someone will find a way to crack it?

Other than the fact that it would be highly illegal to do so, and despite some internet "claims" to the contrary - there will be no way that you will be able to monitor encrypted traffic.

Dennis

rabidmoose57

Antennas make a difference....

We have a Motorola Type 1 system in our city. There are times when the signal is just crap, when it happens I switch to a Radio Shack 800 mhz rubber duckie on the Pro 2096. For whatever reason it recieves better than the outside rig. I use the duckie for ALL the digital stuff too because it works so much better in most cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.