Salem Co. Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
I have 155.295 programmed in my radio as Salem Co. dispatch. But i see another 501 freq that says fire & EMS dispatch. Does this channel dispatch ALL EMS and Fire apparatus in the county? If so then is it strong so I can pick it up from Winslow/Gloucester Twp, or is it one of them crappy UHF dispatch freqs that are hit & miss from 10 miles out? Also, then 155.295 is just for EMS, correct?

kennyloatman

Premium Subscriber
I have 155.295 programmed in my radio as Salem Co. dispatch. But i see another 501 freq that says fire & EMS dispatch. Does this channel dispatch ALL EMS and Fire apparatus in the county? If so then is it strong so I can pick it up from Winslow/Gloucester Twp, or is it one of them crappy UHF dispatch freqs that are hit & miss from 10 miles out? Also, then 155.295 is just for EMS, correct?

501.0375 Is A conv. frequency that I receive all fire and Ems dispatch on. Response is usually on one of the trunked talk groups. It is very rare that I receive anything on 155.295 but that could be because of my location, maybe they have a repeater in the north part of the county. Also the DB has the trunk TG for county dispatch east as 3184, I pick it up as 4752 and dispatch west is 4768.

Septa3371CSX1

I've heard 155.295 being used for fire and EMS. The 501 frequency seems a little bit stronger than the VHF. At times I have been able to pick them both up at the same time (kinda what I do for the two Gloucester County ones).

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
okay thanks. I've been getting a weak signal on 155.295 in different parts of my immediate area. I'll try the UHF freq and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.