salem county help

Status
Not open for further replies.

frank125

hello im trying to enter salem county trunk system, heres what i have for system-vhf/uhf frequencies-501.4125 501.5625 501.7625. atten-off narrow fm-no audio boost-off dwell-0 dig agc-on supertrak-on multisite-off ttables-custom-table1lochannel-380 hichannel-759 offset-380 base-493.0125 step-25.0 fleetmap-typeII . is this right or do i need changes. im using a telescoping radioshack attena on my gre-500 , is newcastle to far away to hear salem county i only have 1 bar strength. thanks for any help as to if the system is set up right to distance to monitor salem county.

RBurton1942

Salem County

hello im trying to enter salem county trunk system, heres what i have for system-vhf/uhf frequencies-501.4125 501.5625 501.7625. atten-off narrow fm-no audio boost-off dwell-0 dig agc-on supertrak-on multisite-off ttables-custom-table1lochannel-380 hichannel-759 offset-380 base-493.0125 step-25.0 fleetmap-typeII . is this right or do i need changes. im using a telescoping radioshack attena on my gre-500 , is newcastle to far away to hear salem county i only have 1 bar strength. thanks for any help as to if the system is set up right to distance to monitor salem county.[/QUOTE

I can't help you with the programing question but New Castle is so close to Salem County that distance should not be the problem. I live in Wilmington, DE. but perhaps you might post for others where New Castle and Salem County are located to help them better understand.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Are you getting anything on the TRS? You should get it from New Castle. I get the system from 30 miles to the north in Berlin, NJ with Bucks County PA on the fringe of cutting the system out (they use the same frequencies). It looks like you got everything right. Its a very quiet area where not a lot happens so it could take you a while before you hear anything on the TRS. A good way to find out is if you program in a different bank the Salem County EMS/Fire dispatch frequency (501.0375). Also just so you know, you won't hear much police activity in Salem County because most of the towns except for a few are patrolled by NJSP.

Status
Not open for further replies.