salem county help

Status
Not open for further replies.

frank125

hello i would like to monitor salem county public saftey. but looking at database, this does not look possible, is this true. can i get some help on this. thanks in advance

frank125

thanks but why does the database say that you will hear bucks county, did you read this article about salem county or am i just missimg something thanks

Highpockets

frank125 said:
i can put in these frequencys and i should be good 501-4125 501-7625 501-5625

Frank, first let me tell you I don't know to much about psr500. I'm a uniden man. Those frequencies look right, you'll have to set the freq & bank as mot and put in the base, spacing and offset, maybe also hi & low.

base 493.0125 space 25 offset 380 - low 380 hi 779

I may be making this worse for you, I hope someone in your area will jump in and knows more about the psr500, sorry I'm trying!

frank125

ok thanks i also have the 996 can you tell me what i need to do so i can monitor this thanks frank

Highpockets

frank125 said:
ok thanks i also have the 996 can you tell me what i need to do so i can monitor this thanks frank

You need the control channels, the base, spacing, offset set as motorola and talk groups. Pretty close to what psr needs, the reason I'm having trouble explaining is I use software to program my scanners, use cable and take info right off the rr databse here, you need to be a premium member here to use that function.

frank125

ok i know what the control channels are know what i tried setting this in mot did not take the 501 cc's what would i put this under i see that this is anolog should i try conf. i just lost thanks again. im trying diffrent things, while this is going on

Highpockets

frank125 said:
ok i know what the control channels are know what i tried setting this in mot did not take the 501 cc's what would i put this under i see that this is anolog should i try conf. i just lost thanks again. im trying diffrent things, while this is going on

Frank, I don't live down there, so I made up a starter file with info from the rr database, to help you get started, if you want to download win500 (30 day free) and with cable that came with 500 (make sure com port in software is set to what was assigned to the cable, use device manager to be sure) unzip file in win500 directory, open the file in program, check it out, if you like it upload to scanner to at least to get going, sorry I can't be more helpful! Good Luck!

Last edited:

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Frank125, you know the control channel, what is it? Is it not a very strong channel? I tried picking up the system in west deptford and glassboro area to no avail.

kennyloatman

Premium Subscriber
Today the control channel is 501.4125, It changes just about once a day. 501.7375, 501.7625, 501.2625 and 501.5625 are the other control channels. Very good reception anywhere in Cumberland Co.

JRM5204

On the 996 select system (MOT Type 2) select program site (UHF) enter freqs, edit band plan and you should be good to go ready to scan. Then you can setup groups like police, fire etc.) give the system a quik key (0-99) and group keys (0-9) to make it easier to monitor what you wanna hear. I would also set up a conventional system rite after the trunked system because there are a few police and fire analog coventional channels (Fire Disp, Fire/EMS MedEvac LZ). Then maybe another MOT Type 2 system (800 standard) for NJSP Troop A trunked system so you can get the NJSP Woodstown Units, NJT, SouthStar NJ EMA (NJ Task Force 1) etc.

I can barely pick up both Salem Co. and bucks Co. but I never had any interference from Bucks Co.

Status
Not open for further replies.