Salem County Mystery

Status
Not open for further replies.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
I'm very curious about this. Who is district 9 in Salem County PD? Its not listed anywhere. But I keep hearing District 9 units making stops in Salem County on TGID 4752 (PD East Channel) in what sounds like Pittsgrove Twp. I hear names like Almond Rd, Centerton Rd., etc. Does Pittsgrove have their own police force now?

kennyloatman

Premium Subscriber
I seen a Salem county Sheriff car in the area of Alvine and Almond roads a while back, when he called in he used a 9XX. Just wondering if you are hearing them doing supplemental patrols in the area.

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
Hi Policefreak,

9 is the county sheriff.

You know, not to plug my book but many of the questions you posted in the local forums could be answered by simply purchasing my Philly guide. You can ask RR members about the guide and I am sure you will find many happy subscribers. You will be plesantly surprised with the amount of detail at the local and state level. Again I don't normally plug the guide here but I felt that in your situation it would answer many of your questions.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Hi Policefreak,

9 is the county sheriff.

You know, not to plug my book but many of the questions you posted in the local forums could be answered by simply purchasing my Philly guide. You can ask RR members about the guide and I am sure you will find many happy subscribers. You will be plesantly surprised with the amount of detail at the local and state level. Again I don't normally plug the guide here but I felt that in your situation it would answer many of your questions.

I'll plug it for you! It's a must have for any serious listener in tha area. Every time policefreak or anyone else has a question of this nature I find the answer in the Philly guide. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy helping people out but Joe has done the leg work, I'm just relaying info. Well worth the money IMO.

saber2k5

FWIW-Joe's book is indeed an EXCELLENT resource for anyone that monitors the airwaves in our tri state area. In addition to providing the (obvious) frequency listings; he also has county unit ID's. For TRS listeners, he also provides many of the TG's (excluding the sensitive groups).

It is also a 'work in progress' meaning that he updates his information as needed--it's not a site with info that was current 5 years ago...

I have had the guide for about 4 years now, and constantly find myself referring back to it.

--John

Status
Not open for further replies.