Salem,OR Talk Groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBarbecue

Be careful which talk groups you enter. When I first programmed my Pro-95, I put in all talk groups, and ended up with Salem Cherriots bus transmissions, which I did not want to hear. So I ended up deleting the channel frequency in order to re-enter just the talk groups I wanted to hear-mostly police and fire.
:lol:

oregontreehugger

Premium Subscriber
FYI, there is an excellent piece of software for the Pro-95 called "Win95":

http://www.starrsoft.com/

Download is free, but you will need an PC interface cable from Radio Shack (or purchased elsewhere).

Also the Yahoo! Group "PRO95" has some great information.

MrBarbecue

thanks

Thanks treehugger. I signed up for Yahoo groups. Have to wait to be approved or whatever. Will look into the software.

joescanner

Just another radio geek.
MrBarbecue said:
Be careful which talk groups you enter. When I first programmed my Pro-95, I put in all talk groups, and ended up with Salem Cherriots bus transmissions, which I did not want to hear. So I ended up deleting the channel frequency in order to re-enter just the talk groups I wanted to hear-mostly police and fire.
:lol:

This is not unusual. The primary user of the Salem 800MHz system is Salem Public Works. Cherriots is second, followed by Salem Fire.

It sounds like you did the right thing, though, and programmed in only those groups you wanted to listen to, and set the Pro95 for "Closed" mode.

The NWScan group at yahoogroups is another good source of information for not only Oregon, but also Washington, and parts of Idaho and northern California.

Take care,

joe

MrBarbecue

Thanks Joe! I switched to Closed Mode and it's made a world of difference.
Just amazing how sophisticated scanners have become, compared to my first Radio Shack that had red L-E-Ds on top and crystal freqs! Absolutely amazing technology today.

Happy Scanning! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.