Salina and Saline County UHF Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

nec911

Unless you subscribe you can't see the article from the Salina Journal, however I have put it into pdf and put it here for everyone. The information about the radio system is at the very end. Here is what it says:

• Commissioners agreed, 5-0, to pay TUSA up to $187,900 to design and propose two alternatives for a countywide UHF P-25 radio system, help with the bidding process and coordinate implementing the system.

Currently, Saline County has a conventional UHF public safety radio communications system with repeaters, said Wayne Pruitt, who is in charge of emergency communications. The coverage is diminished in some areas. The rolling hills in north-central Kansas contribute to low spots, which make radio communication difficult.

There is no radio communication with Gypsum, Pruitt said.

In addition, the repeaters and the computer system for the 911 communications center have exceeded their life expectancy. The cost of the upgrades and infrastructure are expected to cost $8 million to $12 million.

“We haven’t done anything with the system since 2003,” Pruitt said.

Attachments

• City agrees to collaborate, not compete, with YMCA.pdf
    43 KB · Views: 51

Redneck0410

Technically speaking, KSICS is just that. It doesn't specify whether KSICS is on the table, but then again, it doesn't say it IS. I say we'll just have to see what happens.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

nec911

It could be that they are going to use a P25 Inter RF Subsystem Interface (ISSI) to get to KSICS.

I don't think they have to be the same band at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.