Salinas Airshow

Status
Not open for further replies.

screxer

So the Salinas Airshow is coming up...I'm looking for what frequencies people usually monitor. very interested in the active military frequencies as I've had a hard time locating many valid military frequencies for the Monterey Bay. Thanks in advance!

b52hbuff

What radio will you be bringing to the show? UHF capable?

I usually listen to the show coordination on 460MHz business band.

I also listen to tower and ground.

There aren't any headliner demo teams (e.g. Blue Angels, Snow Birds, Thunderbirds). Headliner is the harrier. The F15/16 demo teams will also be there. Frequencies are listed in Monitoring Times Airshow article.

Don't mean to be 'coy' about frequencies. As soon as I get my Uniden profiles ready, I'll on this thread.

b52hbuff

screxer said:
Sorry, I'll be using a Pro 96
Are you a member of the Bayscan YahooGroup!? ;)

Go to the Files > WinXX section and download the KSNS file there. If I decide to convert my Uniden UASD profile to the Pro-96, I'll let you know on this thread. Otherwise, you can start with the profile on Bayscan and update it with the UASD files I'll post here. UASD files are comma delimited files.

The Monitoring Times information is here:
http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37970&highlight=monitoring+times

You can/should enter information for the F-15/16 demo teams.

Which day will you be attending the show?

screxer

Awesome! I didn't know about the Bayscan yahoogroup...I'll check it out!...also, thanks for hte Monitoring Times link. Not sure which day I'll be down there but my Dad and I are thinking Saturday

b52hbuff

Configurations...

The zip archive contains UASD/396 configuration files for the Salinas Airshow. These files are usable by UASD programs for the 246T, 330T, 396T and 996T.

The archive contains the following files:
SalinasAirshow.txt
==================
This file.

SalinasAirshow.usc
==================
System configuration file. Contains search lockouts for
known Salinas frequencies.

50MotorolaXTN.usd
=================
FRS, GMRS and XTN series frequencies.

91SalinasAirshow.usd
====================
Air and land frequencies for the show. (more details below)

92KSNS.usd
==========
Frequencies for Salinas Airport. Taken from IFR supplement.

98InterSqudRadio.usd
====================
ISR Radios. Commonly used by California Civil Air Patrol.

99MTAirshow2006.usd
===================
Contains Thunderbird, Blue Angel and common airshow frequencies.

91SalinasAirshow.usd
====================
Profile is for Salinas Airshow (KSNS) show operations, support and local law enforcement. Note that this profile may be used by UASD/246T and UASD/396T programs.

Qk Title
1 Airshow Frequencies
2 Rptr/Confirmed
3 Simplex
4 NoTones
5 SplitChecks
6 WPAU816
7 SalinasLE
8 SalinasFD/Med
9 SalinasPW

I have been attending the Salinas Airshow for many years. The profile is a collection of information I have gathered via monitoring with a Pro-92, a Pro-96 and an Optoelectronics Scout.

1 / KSNS/Airshow
VHF Air frequencies used for airshow. Normal KSNS frequencies are on KSNS.usd.

2 / Rptr/Confirmed
These frequencies are confirmed repeater frequencies. I have searched the FCC database. The 454.025/459.025 are licensed to a radio shop. The other two repeaters are unlicensed. I suspect these last two are low power. Frequencies are grouped by repeater output then input, and sorted by repeater output.

3 / Simplex
Frequencies in this bank have been monitored and they contain a valid CTCSS/DCS. The frequencies are sorted in ascending order.

4 / NoTones
Frequencies in this bank do not have any configured tones. Entries have 'Alert' and CTCSS/DCS Search enabled. Frequencies are sorted in ascending order.

5 / SplitChecks
These frequencies are the associated split frequencies associated with the '3 / Simplex' and '4 / NoTones' groups. The purpose of this group is to verify whether frequency is used in simplex or repeater mode. These entries have 'Alert' and CTCSS/DCS Search enabled. Frequencies are sorted in frequency order.

6 / WPAU816
These are 'Medcom' frequencies licensed to Salinas.

7 / SalinasLE
Salinas Law Enforcement frequencies.

8 / SalinasFD/Med
Salinas Fire and Medical frequencies.

9 / SalinasPW
Salinaw Public Work frequencies.

Attachments

• KSNS_2006.zip
    7.8 KB · Views: 104
whats KSNS FD",1543700? that should be County fire red

"SalinasFD2, 1541750" that should be carmel valley and PG

westmed will be useing Med 2

fire will be on white 1 154.2800

If you guys find any new ones let me know!

I went every year till about 2 years ago... :( I remember one year it was raining and the blue angels didn't fly.

Last edited:

scankid2591

that was 2 years ago i think. #7 took off. I remember on that Friday, Erin Clarke of KSBW went up in the 2 seater and she almost blacked out on the landing. :lol:

scankid2591

oh, because whatever last year the blue angels came they didn't fly on sunday. yep, i certainly do remember 2001 show... that was lame, but understandable.

i remember in 1999 i think it was... the A-10 was integrated with the wall of fire... and it was pouring rain, so the fire crews didn't even move... LOL

b52hbuff

Airboss/127.30 127.3000
Discrete/134.70 134.7000

Were active. 134.7 was used by the F-8 and F/A-18 Heritage flight,
Patriot Team, and others.

The confirmed UHF business band frequencies in the profile were active...

scankid2591

I think I saw you screxer... were you searching in the 300MHz band when I came up and told you (or who-ever it was) to search in the VHF Air band for Heritage Flight freqs on Saturday? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.