Saline County & Salina joining State System

Status
Not open for further replies.

K9ZV

Premium Subscriber
Yes, still using the TRX-1. My biggest obstacle is trying to do this on the scanner since I have no computer. But I'm trying.
Got the Wildcard working well now.
Any idea what's going on in the attached video? I'm hearing 6 different frequencies in the 917-919Mhz area occasionally cycling on/off on a handful of different Talk groups.

N0BKD

Got the Wildcard working well now.
Any idea what's going on in the attached video? I'm hearing 6 different frequencies in the 917-919Mhz area occasionally cycling on/off on a handful of different Talk groups.

On my waterfall display it looks like harmonics from the nearby GSM FH/TDMA band.The signals appear to co-inside with in-band frequency hopping GSM, but the amplitude is smaller out of band.

NR0W

Did Salina \ Saline KSICS change something? I went from hearing them all the time down to every now and then just in the pass couple of days.

K9ZV

Premium Subscriber
Did Salina \ Saline KSICS change something? I went from hearing them all the time down to every now and then just in the pass couple of days.
Haven't noticed any change at my location in south Salina.

N0BKD

The new Saline County South tower has been erected, just north of Assaria.

Attachments

• Saline County South Tower Assaria Kansas.jpg
    Saline County South Tower Assaria Kansas.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 11
  • Saline County South Tower Assaria Kansas 1.jpg
    Saline County South Tower Assaria Kansas 1.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 11

NR0W

I not happy with the new system anymore, went from hearing them all the time to just every now and then. Started last Wednesday or Thursday. I heard them test down in the south part of saline county a week ago with a bunch of pager test pages. When I do hear them its a signal and I still hear everyone else. I'm in Minneapolis don't think I ever said.

NR0W

I do. Ask way, and I will try.
How do you set your sites set for saline co? I'm not roaming so I turned off all the sites except Bennington. There is no reason to scan all the sites is there? I've had a GRE500 for several years no problems programming it and really no problems with the 436, just fine tuning the talk groups. Did you change the antenna or you using stock. One thing I found first thing is that you can't charge it with it on, other then that how do you like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.