Salt River Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwier

I recently acquired the 436 and opted for the DMS/Turbo Upgrade. Checking under Settings (radio) indicates the DMS/Turbo Upgrade is installed.

As a test, I selected the Salt River Project. I created a Favorite List and Appended the entire SRP System. In the FL Editor, I confirm the System Type as "MotoTRBO Trunk". I have left all seven Sites unavoided even though some are showing little or no signal from my location. Using the Analysis feature, I show the following (subjective) readings of the Signal Strength bar graph.

Chandler = Zero
Mesa = Zero
Sacaton = Zero
Shaw Butte = 9/10
South Mountain = zero
Thompson Peak = zero
White Tanks 4.5/10

I am near I-17 and West Greenway. After about an hour, I have not heard a peep from any TG from any Site. I have ALL service types checked. Maybe I have forgotten some other setting? From years ago, I remember they used to use their radios in the Irrigation Department all night long. So, even though the weather is good (no power outages) I thought I might pick up something. It is a fairly large operation.

I guess my question is: Is anyone hearing any transmissions from SRP using a 436 with the DMA/Turbo Upgrade?

Thanks!

rwier

Update: I am running this test using ProScan. It shows a two-second "hit" on TG 3801 from the South Mountain Site (Operations - Security). Digital type = CON and freq = 939.3875/2.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
During the week, the Customer Service and DOC talkgroups are very active during work hours. I occasionally monitor the South Mountain Site.

rwier

During the week, the Customer Service and DOC talkgroups are very active during work hours. I occasionally monitor the South Mountain Site.

Thanks cellphone! Yes, daytime transmissions sound more like normal activities. Ran ProScan overnight. Logged multiple hits from White Tanks, Shaw Butte, and South Mountain Sites:

Observation: Very active TRS with about 15000 (overnight) hits averaging less than 1/10 second duration each. I wonder if these extremely short blips/transmissions could be some sort of automated security and/or water distribution digital signals? During that time I was not aware of the transmissions. I didn't hear anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.