Sam Houston Univ Police on STARNET

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
From what I remember hearing last fall, they already had the radios ready by Thanksgiving, but have for some weird reason put it off until now. UPD may have more channels, but I have only found their primary channel so far.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
I heard from someone that HPD has 6 channels of their own, as well as some other local stuff. If I lived closer I would run Pro96Com for a while and see what pops up. All it takes is someone to flip to that channel and it shows up whether or not they transmit.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
Some Additional Info...

I noticed that the SHSU UPD channel(s?) almost exclusively come up on the 102 site.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
On 102?? That's wierd for sure. Got a 600 foot tower not 6 miles away, but they are hitting the 300 footer 12-15 miles away. I know the elevations on campus are tricky at best, but that is strange. Maybe they got a BDA pointed at 102 in dispatch.

emd001

im not sure if there having problems with their system or its flood over but ive been picking them up on my pro 97 all night on 155.550

emd001

last night they ran most of the transmission regarding the shots fired on campus over that channel. I guess they just used it so a channel could be allocated solely for the situation.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
emd001 said:
last night they ran most of the transmission regarding the shots fired on campus over that channel. I guess they just used it so a channel could be allocated solely for the situation.

When I saw that on the news, I thought that that would be a perfect time to look for more talkgroups. Maybe there aren't any after all.

emd001

rattlerbb01 said:
When I saw that on the news, I thought that that would be a perfect time to look for more talkgroups. Maybe there aren't any after all.

i thought the same thing and then remember my new digital scanner hadnt come in yet :( so i was glad they broadcast that over the analog channel so i could hear it.

Status
Not open for further replies.