Sammamish WA stl

Status
Not open for further replies.

bm_north60

Listening to what appears to be an stl for Sammamish WA advisory radio, WQJW, on 33.420. Didn't realize these were on low band. I'm located in NE British Columbia.

Cheers;
Brian

psr600md

Listening to what appears to be an stl for Sammamish WA advisory radio, WQJW, on 33.420. Didn't realize these were on low band. I'm located in NE British Columbia.

Cheers;
Brian

what scanner do you have,and is it fm or am?good catch for only 10wts

Attachments

• 33.42.jpg
    33.42.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 420
Last edited:

bm_north60

Setup

I'm using an Icom R 75 with a mulitband dipole. I was also able to hear this with my Pro 2006 and a VHF ringo ranger, though not as well of course.

smokeshowing

Premium Subscriber
I am hearing this same station on 33.420 here in San Jose, CA with a BCT15X and a Scantenna. First skip catch in a long time for me.

kd7rto

It's a link to an advisory transmitter on 530 kHz (WQJW697). I receive it occasionally here. With a constant signal, it's an excellent indication that a path is open into the Pacific Northwest.

Last edited:

bm_north60

I checked this frequency several times today and wasn't able to hear it, oddly enough as I was hearing stations much further away. Must having been skipping right over here.

EC-7

I was hearing this freq in Mid Michigan today, while working at a tower site, installing radios.
I used a cheap Radio Shack scanner, going thru the bands looking for interference and came across it.
I was using a 2M 5/8wave antenna at 90' on the tower.
It was pretty interesting / unusual to hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.