San Antonio - Elm Creek

Status
Not open for further replies.

csanders

I am a "newbie" to scanning and I have been trying to listen to my Home Owners Assoc security but I can't find the signal. I have asked the security people several times and none of them seem to know plus I have looked at the databases. Does anybody know the frequency that the Elm Creek Security folks use in San Antonio?

I have a Radio Shack Pro-97 if that matters.... :)

thanks
Chris

Reloader

Check with the closest Radio shack to your subdivision. They may have the frequency. When I worked for the 20 years ago, the Shack always had current frequency lists.

TXEMT

What is the name of the security company that provides it ? most of the time they contract out for this type of stuff..and most security companies are on different LTR systems like Ranger American who i use to work for. I dout Radio Shack would have freq. list for stuff like that, Or just search the fcc database on here for the Home Owners Assoiction name and see if anything comes up

csanders

Thanks, I did search for Elm Creek and Elm Creek Homeowners Association but couldn't find anything. I don't know the name of the security company but I will ask. We got a new one two years, roughly a year earlier we bought a new radio system so I am pretty sure the HOA owns it not the security company.

The guards seem clueless as to the frequency or anything about it. I guess I will try and call the HOA president and see if he can help. I was just looking for an easy way... :)

ericcarlson

Database Admin
Your Pro-97 should have a feature called "Signal Stalker" which is essentially a built-in frequency counter. Put the Pro-97 into "Signal Stalker" mode and have one of the security guards key-up their radio. The transmit frequency of the radio should be captured by the Pro-97. Keep in mind if they use a repeater that Signal Stalker will report the input frequency. If the frequency is in a band with standard repeater input/output offsets then you can determine the repeater output frequency. Cross-reference the frequency with the RR Database and the FCC database. Post your results here if you need help figuring it out. Since there is no obvious license to Elm Creek, they may be operating on a trunked system.

-Eric

csanders said:
The guards seem clueless as to the frequency or anything about it. I guess I will try and call the HOA president and see if he can help. I was just looking for an easy way... :)

pretty soon, they'll be on Nextel.

look, scanning and searching is an "art", and you can't expect to walk up to someone every time and ask for their radio information. not only do 99% of radio system users NOT KNOW, they might get a bit suspicious and mention it to their supervisor.

and then they upgrade to a sweet Nextel deal and you won't hear crap.

Pop-A-Lock did this. So did Time Warner Cable.

next time you go through the security gate, read the patch on their uniform and/or look at the radio they carry. if it's a major firm, or the radio has a little green display screen, it's LTR.

and if it's LTR, there's a good chance it's PASSPORT LTR, which will be un-trackable as a trunked system.

still, you can figure out the frequencies and listen to them with a nearfield RF scanner, like the above mentioned SignalStalker or Close Call.

Status
Not open for further replies.