San Antonio Fire Dept Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddie117

Premium Subscriber
Hello, name is Edward Esparza

I run a facebook/twitter based organization for the public sending text messages to phones that cover SAFD Active calls
Safd Live Dispatch | Facebook

In the past we have had 2 SAFD Feeds here on RR. They have both recently shut down, i have had many messages asking for the feed to be put back up. As you can enagine it is really hard relying only on a CAD (https://webapps1.sanantonio.gov/activefire/) and not having this feed up.

Any info on the status or progress on a future feed would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
Last I saw one of the feed providers said it his was going to be down until programming problems were going to be fixed. But that was along time ago and have not seen or heard anything from anyone since.

scrotumola

Instances of "CAD censhorship" perhaps??

Another thing I, and several friends have noticed is that the fire cad is not displaying all activity.

Example: I hear sirens, the tell-tale Q2... the sirens come to a stop a block away... I check the cad. Nothing. Two more apparatus go by along with an EMS unit. What do I find? 4 blocks away, an MVA with entrapment.

Is it on the cad? NO.... not even on the EMS side... but it was on the SAPD traffic page.

I have seen similar situations occur quite a few times, more frequently now that I saw it with my own two eyes.

Another friend reported seeing Engine 5 racing code 3 north on Austin Hwy through Alamo Heights. The only call on the cad at that precise moment was and EMS assist on the south side of town.

I understand not wanting to publish the locations of certain calls, like SWAT related incidents, but to see 3 working traffic accidents unreported on the cad is a bit troubling for me. Is there a form of cad censorship going on?

~S~

N5AMS

The other problem you run into is that the system that san antonio runs their public safety ops on (Police and Fire/EMS) is on EDACS Provoice so you would have to have an actual radio to use on a feed if I'm not mistaken there isn't a scanner capable of EDACS Provoice

Eddie117

Premium Subscriber
As far as the CAD Censorship im sure they do that, i know they never show the complete address,just the block number. As far as the picking up the feed n EDACS Provoice, im not sure what that means lol sorry not very high tec,but i know it can be done. im sure its pretty complicated but i think its worth it. I remember a few times the SAFD Audio feed was on the top 10 feeds on RR

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
There getting more and more closed off about the radio system and the FD CAD which is strange. I am surprised they haven't cut the media off from them yet, I know the media has access to SA Fire dispatch and tac channels and just the patrol channels for PD and SO. I have seen other towns switch to new systems and they get denied access to any form of PD or even Fire Departments...Would be nice if SA and Bexar County went to P25 sometime in the future for there system but even if that happend they would find some way to block people out.

Status
Not open for further replies.