San Antonio Radio Supply?

Status
Not open for further replies.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Anyone know of any good SA radio supply stores. It seems like there aren't too many good ones in the state even. I've been to the Rat Shacks and two Altexes. Any else? I've been to the K-Comm over on Gulfdale- pretty good store- not much scanner stuff though. Had trouble finding a BNC adapter for an antenna once.

Know of any else?

Cowthief

Hello.

K Comm is gone.
What killed them is the upcoming narrow banding.
Why buy a $300 radio built to Amateur standards when one can get a commercial quality unit for nothing?
The state has crates of radios that will not meet the 2013 standards.
Talkies, mobiles, repeaters, you name it, it is crated up somewhere.
Why, besides not wanting to look ham sexy, would one want to buy that tri band radio when they can mount 3 convertacoms and antennas and run that and a few loose talkies and be the envy of every poser for miles around?!
Some are even P-25 compliant but will not meet the new federal standards.
And you though the days of a ham with a belt full of talkies was gone, silly you.
Due to problems in the past, RSS, or FPP radios, programming cables, RIB, are not available through the state.
When this becomes surplus it gets recycled.
Adding one tiny diode to the speaker mic works wonders.

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
That maybe the way it is in Texas, but here in NY State we drill holes in all our old equipment and then pay someone to recycle the remnants. The reason is you can blame the lawyers, liability. You can donate equipment, but if it is used for the wrong reason or results in injury or death the lawyers will come after PS agencies for donating them. Pretty sad huh.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Thread Closed

Cowthief
There was no reason to wake up a 4 year old thread with this information, if it is even factual. Since you have a habit of posting absolute loads of crap, I am closing this ancient and outdated thread before you suck more folks into your fantasy world.

Status
Not open for further replies.