San Antonio scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

suttles1972

Hello all. suttles1972 out of Tennessee, spending a few days in the SA, for a conference, with my wife. Understanding that all communications in SA - Bexar County is excluded from monitoring, what are some interesting paths of communications that's fire rescue related, that can spark an interest. Paths can include media that gives locations to major fire related incidents and fire agencies that aren't captured by Pro-Voice. I know I sound like a fire bug. But my interest is related to my being a firefighter from Tennessee and my maintaining an interest in knowing how my distant bretheren are performing outside of my home state.

Last edited:

scrotumola

Welcome to San Antonio, home of RadioReference.com and ProVoice HELL.

Non-provoice listening leaves much to be desired. Here are some frequencies you will be able to monitor

1. 154.250 Bexar County Fire Alarm - Fire dispatch and alerting for Bexar (pronounced bear or bare) they use VHF paging to alert personnel, 60% of operations happen on non-provoice 800 mhz (see the Bexar Co. portion of the database) by far the busiest channel you will find with a conventional only scanner. More on this later.

2. 153.770 Bexar County Fire Tac 3 AKA Fire Ops. this VHF channel is also linked to the 800 system for FD personnel who do not have 800 mhz radios. Can be quiet busy, especially on large scale events.

3. 159.885 Airlife FlightComm - Flight Coordination for San Antonio Airlife's 3 helicopters, with occasional visits from AirEvac Lifeteam and Halo Flight.

4. 154.145 City of Leon Valley FD - Suburb of San Antonio, one of the last not to join the provoice system

5. 154.995 City of Balcones Heights FD - Like Leon Valley, one of the last few municipalities remaining on VHF

6. 154.205 Mutual aid channel for Leon Valley, Balcones Heights and Castle Hills FD - I don't know how frequently this is used, as BH and CH are Provoice radio equipped.

If you have a trunk tracking scanner capable of EDACS ESK, you can monitor all of Bexar County Fire operations, including Dispatch, Fire Access, EMS, and all 8 fireground channels.

San Antonio/Bexar County EDACS ProVoice Trunking System, San Antonio, Texas - Scanner Frequencies

Look for talk groups 1110-1119, and 1815

Hope this helps. Enjoy.

~S~

Last edited:

suttles1972

Thanks for your responses. I feel now that I can have some listening ear to the Greater Bexar County jurisdiction. Michael-SATX, I own a Uniden BCD396XT, which sadly puts me out of luck on the GRE files. But I thank you very much for the attempt in making my life easier in programming. Also, thanks scrotumola, for the information. I will put everything you posted to good use. You have a beautiful city, by the way. And I am please to be visiting the city that's home to Radio-Reference.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Database Admin
Suttles,

I'd also program in the local, linked military system, which can have some pretty active calls. Ft Sam and RAFB are my favorites.

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
The Live Oak system is analog and can get busy with 5 area towns PD's and FD's using the system, it's range is not the best but it is one option to monitor in the land of no-voice besides what has already been recommended in this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.