San Antonio TxDOT H.E.R.O. Operations

Status
Not open for further replies.

djmorgan

For the last few weeks I have no longer heard the HERO trucks operating in the area. They were on the Alamo Area Regional Radio System (but not on the SA/Bexar County EDACS) but seemed to have gone silent. I have tried using ID Search on the entire AARRS but no luck seeing them. I have also tried the "traditional" TxDOT VHF frequencies but they are not on there either. It was co-funded by the state, the county and some others, I believe, but I could find no news reference that suggested it was discontinued or someone stopped their funding part. Is anyone aware of the status of the program and radio system they use? Thanks

HiddenLefty

Some of them have gone encrypted in various systems. This is possible here as well. There were issues with people's personal information and location being used I believe.

boernegang

Premium Subscriber
If they have gone encrypted could someone in the area see that on some software that decodes the CC??

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
If they have gone encrypted could someone in the area see that on some software that decodes the CC??
Yes, you’d see it if you monitor the CC with software. DSD will show them as ENC Group Calls and Unitrunker shows P4 instead of 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.