San Benito County - CHP Activity

Status
Not open for further replies.

gryeyes911

If all of y'all in the Central Coastline area haven't been listening to CHP Green [42.54 and 42.24] this weekend, you're missing a lot of activity.

Too many units on the air and they're all handling enforcement activity. The Scales units are out on the road handling incidents normally handled by Hollister-Gilroy Area in Santa Clara County, while the HG units plus a slew of visiting officers from another Division are working exclusively in San Benito County.

They're working 12 hour shifts.

The Hollister Motorcycle Festival is a "non-sanctioned" event this year (not hosted by the City of Hollister) but the motorcycle riders are still making the run... and there's nothing special for them to do. The outlaw motorcycle groups are also in attendance.

If you are wondering where Santa Cruz Area units went (normally also on the Green), they've been relegated to CHP Blue for the weekend.

So that means there are THREE staffed radio positions at the CHP Comm Center, instead of the normal two.

cristisphoto

July 4th also

And then you have the JUly 4th enforcements...
I am sooo glad I dont' drive anymore:D ...

All i have too say is SLOW it down or catch the Greyhound :lol: ...

Regards,
Crista

PDS
and say a prayer for our Folks out there enforcing the laws so that the rest of can be a bit safer...;)

Also you can listen to 158.77500 police and Sheriff. And what I saw on the news didn't look like to many bikes were there.

Last edited:

scankid2591

Last night was the great migration from Hollister back home... I saw a few Harleys driving thru Salinas... :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.