San Bernardino County Conventionals

Status
Not open for further replies.

techman210

San Bernardino is transitioning from the 860 MHz "D-Channels" - D-LAW-1,2,3 etc to the new D-LAW-A,B,C.. 850 MHz channels. This also applies to the D-FIRE and D-GOV assignments as well. These are mainly along the 395, I-40 and I-15 routes where the trunked systems have poor or no coverage.

I believe this is temporary, my sources indicate that eventually there will be no conventional repeaters in these areas, and they will be replaced by P25 trunked systems.

Eng74

Once you get to Red Mountain then you need to go to the D-Fire going all the way to Trona and for 57 when they transport into Ridgecrest. They do patch in their VHF when China Lake responds to Trona.

BillH1

there will be no conventional repeaters in these areas, and they will be replaced by P25 trunked systems.

if that's true then I will miss listening to these fill in repeaters from my location in AZ. Always seems to be something on these channels when my area is quiet. It is my understanding that SBCSO will be fully encrypted as well on the p25 system, is this correct?

allend

Premium Subscriber
if that's true then I will miss listening to these fill in repeaters from my location in AZ. Always seems to be something on these channels when my area is quiet. It is my understanding that SBCSO will be fully encrypted as well on the p25 system, is this correct?

Yes you are correct. LE is already fully encrypted on the new system with the new talkgroup assignments. Its just a matter of time until all of public safety will be gone.

Eng74

Fire-D seems to replace D-Fire-4 and Fire-C for D-Fire-3. They are not as strong as the old D-Fires were in the Ridgecrest area.

f40ph

Feed Provider
Yes you are correct. LE is already fully encrypted on the new system with the new talkgroup assignments. Its just a matter of time until all of public safety will be gone.

"All" public safety? That's a little pessimistic.

I'm looking at a proposed radio mask for FIRE and it is NOT 100% encrypted.

Status
Not open for further replies.