• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

San Bernardino, County of (Public Safety) 08 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

YFZBOB

Listening to the 08 system tonight, ID: 739083 popped up on the scanner. Dial tone followed by ringtone. Sounded just like a cell/phone call. Nothing unusual about the call. Just thought that was weird. Any ideas? :confused:

yukon

If I'm not mistaken, that would be an I- call from a police or fire unit to a land-line #. Have also heard several of these. Were you in search mode with the I-cll feature on? Sometimes they are amusing. I'm sure if I'm wrong someone will help me out here.

YFZBOB

yukon said:
If I'm not mistaken, that would be an I- call from a police or fire unit to a land-line #. Have also heard several of these. Were you in search mode with the I-cll feature on? Sometimes they are amusing. I'm sure if I'm wrong someone will help me out here.
You know, I was in I-CALL Search Mode. Duh!:roll: Thanks for pointing that out. Using my new 330T. Still learning how to pickup the manual and read it once in a while.:lol:

Duster

CA/NV/KS/NE DB Admin
Database Admin
SBCo Phone patch

I used to work for San Bernardino SO. What you heard was a mobile or portable radio making a phone call from their radio. The SBCo system has an integrated phone patch capability from any keypad radio. The ID you saw displayed was the ANI number of the radio making the call. It's been a few years, but I think the 73---- numbers were portable units. I think my portable (HT) was 738814 or something like that. The mobiles (at that time) were in the 70---- range.

The phone patch only works on the trunked portions of the system, so conventional spurs like Trona, Baker, and other remote sites did not have that capability.

Status
Not open for further replies.