San Bernardino County P25 and rebanded systems

avdrummerboy

Not sure exactly, heard through the grapevine that AMR is planning on moving to the digital system sometime in the next few weeks, so there will be more encrypted ambulance TGID's on the system.

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone in the County have insight into "System 13"? https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=334

It shows Morongo Basin as the location, yet 90% of the frequencies listed are no longer licensed to SBC. (2 frequencies are still licensed but to other areas)

I was going to submit a request to deprecate it unless anyone knows of new frequencies. (It is a backup system regardless but just some OCD housekeeping...

I am also looking into "System 12" https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=340
but that one appears to just need rebanded freqs. I submitted those and will get further info on the system when I go through the area in a week.

tmccormick87

I FINALLY heard digital traffic today on 3537, which we've been assuming was 3 LPTAC 9. We had a rescue in Joshua Tree National Park and fire was communicating to the airship on it. Maybe now we'll (South Desert) start hearing some regular traffic on the P25, my digital system has been pretty quiet lately and all South Desert traffic has come through patched to the 155.1000 (my personal scanner) or BDC County 4 Tone 4 radio, which we keep turned on in dispatch.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

tmccormick87

Sorry yes, that's what I meant. I just had the other stuck in my head because Comm Ctr once asked me if I had access to it for a call we were on. I've still not deleted any old systems on my personal scanner while we tried to figure out what's being used and what's not. I just turn them on and off randomly to check. Our traffic out here, when its actually digital, is on 3535.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

f40ph

Feed Provider
Switched the Fire (Desert and River) areas over today. Former 1-system, 4-system, and 5-system. I hear they'll be taking the 1-sys and 5-sys offline rather quickly.

allend

Premium Subscriber
I heard Fire Dispatch on the Onyx P25 repeater today out in Palm Desert. Not sure what other talkgroups are attached to this site. But will monitor when can.

3489 DISP1 Valley/Mountain Dispatch Fire Dispatch

3535 CMD9 Fire Division 4 Response Fire-Tac

Last edited:

allend

Premium Subscriber
I also heard another talkgroup that is not listed in the Db which is 3761 that showed up in the clear on the Oynx P25 repeater.

Does anybody know what talkgroup this is? It's saying Roads 101 to other 100 numbers. Sounds like the road department. Flooding on Glen Helen road.

I think the 3761 new P25 talkgroup is this old talkgroup on the old Analog System

1552 Roads-1 Roads 1 Public Works

allend

Premium Subscriber
3537 3-TAC9 Fire Division 4 Tactical Fire-Tac

Found this talkgroup that is attached to Oynx Repeater too. For some reason 8-Fire-2 on the old Mountain Analog system 8 is not on the Oynx repeater.

disp10

Premium Subscriber
Talkgroup 3741 is listed in the database as AMR, but seems like it may be Morongo Basin Ambulance, Can anybody confirm this?

avdrummerboy

A couple TGID's to add. In the morongo basin, picking up TG 2549 on Paxton which is local (I'm assuming Yucca Valley) ACO. Also 3761 is county roads, not sure if TGID's changes or what but that's the traffic on that TG in the clear; I heard road 1 talking to road 2.

During King of Hammers, heard TGID 543 active in the clear and 'king communications' called it FDMA-1, and the person talking also asked a couple of other users to switch to "2 or 3" so I'm assuming that there are more than 1 FDMA channels. I put into my scanner FDMA-1 through 8 since that seems to be the common trend with the other mutual aid channels. I did plus two on the decimal number for each which seemed to be common for the other TGID's on the systems related to fire, so 545 for FDMA-2 547 for FDMA-3 etc. I'll see if I hear anything on these but my guess is that they won't be often used. Our company radios don't have those particular channels in them so this is just a wild guess.

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber
Switched the Fire (Desert and River) areas over today. Former 1-system, 4-system, and 5-system. I hear they'll be taking the 1-sys and 5-sys offline rather quickly.

Now that system 1 is offline, have they given an update/ETA for Sys 4/5 being taken offline?

tmccormick87

Talkgroup 3741 is listed in the database as AMR, but seems like it may be Morongo Basin Ambulance, Can anybody confirm this?
Yes, it belongs to Morongo Basin Ambulance, who I dispatch for. I've been meaning to submit the change and just never got around to it. We are encrypted however, but you can still see the ID flash on my personal scanner when we're on air.

kd6ecz

What is the best way to program the P25 system into my scanners? I’m using a BCD436HP and a BCD536HP at the moment. It’s listed as being a simulcast system but the frequencies differ from site to site. Should I program each site into its own favorites list or should I keep them grouped by region? For instance, a favorites list for the valley region, another for the mountains, and another for Victor Valley, etc.? Or… is there something else that I should be doing?

I currently have every site in a single favorites list with my scanners in ID Search mode and as you can imagine, I’m missing a lot of radio traffic. I programmed them that way a few years ago just to have the digital systems available back when the analog systems were still being used primarily.

Also, what is LPTAC-9 or LCTAC-9 or whatever it’s called? It is VHF or 800MHz conventional or something else? I haven’t been able to find it in any of the databases but I hear it mentioned regularly.

Thank you.