San Bernardino County P25 and rebanded systems

Eng74

I noticed I have not heard SBCoFD on any of the fill in 800 channels today. I see they now have a P25 site in Kern County with one channel 853.1375. So I added it to my SDS-100 SBCo P2 was getting nothing so did a search with my 396XT got a DATA hit on 853.6500 so I plugged that one in got Sys ID 37ch, RFSS ID 1, Site ID 36, and a P25 NAC 376h. I have put it in ID search had a 3761 come up with no traffic so far. Any know if this is SBCo P25 system?

Last edited:

Eng74

They are not in the data base yet. Still been silent so far for SBCoFD. Brown Butte is the site I am receiving.

Eng74

I don’t think the Brown Butte Site is up yet now. Did a little drive around and the conventional 800’s are still up outside of Ridgecrest so the storm that came through this week might have knocked out Fire-D again.

f40ph

Feed Provider
Brown butte is near Interstate 40 and Kelbaker Rd. Not sure if you are hearing that one based on where you're located.

Eng74

They list it as Kern County, it’s near California City. I think they ran out of names sometimes in the desert, I know at least three places named Sand Canyon.

f40ph

Feed Provider
I overheard yesterday that all stations were informed all 3 sites along the 395 corridor and NW SBCo are now digital (Red Mtn, El Paso, and Slate).

Eng74

In Trona the Turqoise Mountain site is loud and clear. It works until you just get to the top of Tank Hill above Ridgecrest. The what was listed in Kern Count as Brown Butte comes in. I am getting great signal strength but only get traffic sporadically even in ID search.

f40ph

Feed Provider
I had the database updated based on the information I received as to site IDs. Check again what site you're picking up.

Eng74

I am getting a site that is not listed then. From my SDS-100, Site ID is 36, CC 853.65000, sys ID 37Ch, RFSS ID 1, WACN: BEE00h, P25 NAC376h. When I have gotten traffic it was for a couple hours. Getting on both the SDS and my 536. It was great to hear what was happening down the hill in SB and the other cities too.

f40ph

Feed Provider
I'm being told that Site 36 is El Paso Pk. You might want to confirm freqs and have that added to the DB. If you were getting traffic, it was because someone in your area had a radio set to one of the talkgroups covering San Bernardino. Maybe it was the Dispatch channel for the valley/mtns "2DISP1". Forgive me if you already knew "why" it was happening. Smartzone scanning is "interesting".

Last edited:

Eng74

I'm being told that Site 36 is El Paso Pk. You might want to confirm freqs and have that added to the DB. If you were getting traffic, it was because someone in your area had a radio set to one of the talkgroups covering San Bernardino. Maybe it was the Dispatch channel for the valley/mtns "2DISP1". Forgive me if you already knew "why" it was happening. Smartzone scanning is "interesting".
I was hoping that’s not how it would work. I have been on the 14 near Calcity and get hits on two other sites and get lots of traffic. So I guess I won’t get anything unless AMB 57 transports to Ridgecrest then.

f40ph

Feed Provider
They say they were going to "force" 2DISP1 and 3DISP2 to all sites whether or not there was a radio in the area affiliated with that talkgroup. I'm curious if that's really happening but can't check for myself because in my area there are many radios already affiliated (I assume) on those channels.

Eng74

It has been pretty silent the last few days. At Cal City BLV and the 14 I have been getting the High Desert Simulcast and Baker Fire Station sites.

allend

Premium Subscriber
Talkgroup 543 which is in the clear was very active today with Fire Comms. Not sure which talkgroup this is since its not in the Db

jrholm

They say they were going to "force" 2DISP1 and 3DISP2 to all sites whether or not there was a radio in the area affiliated with that talkgroup. I'm curious if that's really happening but can't check for myself because in my area there are many radios already affiliated (I assume) on those channels.
I heard 2DISP1 all the way out past Baker on my way home from Vegas on Friday. I'm also hearing it regularly in the Bear Valley.

MJones1160

I am considering buying a Uniden SDS 200. Can anyone advise me if all of the new Motorola Type II Smartnet frequencies for System 9 are audible (not encrypted)? Particularly for Ontario and Rancho Cucamonga FDs.