San Bernardino County P25 and rebanded systems

allend

Premium Subscriber
All of the SBDCO Fire Departments including Ontario and RC are not encrypted. So if you program in the Mountain Simulcast system you will be-able to receive the fire departments. RC fire most likely be on another cell site. Not sure. I know I can hear SBDCO and Ontario Fire on the system from my area.

Eng74

This new system is driving me crazy, it’s a short trip anyway. The El Paso Peak site is got great signal but the traffic is sporadic. There is not a change in the control channel.

Eng74

Not sure where this site is but it is the one covering Trona, site ID is 32 CC is 853.63750 which is also a CC alternate for the Turqoise 027 site.

allend

Premium Subscriber
There are a handful of talkgroups that I have submitted to the Db that are popping up in the clear with no luck on them posting them to the Db as "testing noted". This Db for the P25 system is no where close to being completed. Make sure when you are scanning these cell sites on this system that you keep the ID to the search feature at all times or you will miss talkgroups. Just perm avoid the E talkgroups

B

Premium Subscriber
Hi All,

I'm sorry if this has been answered or is sitting right in front of my face, but...Have the mountain (I-15) and desert areas (I-40) switched to the new P25 system? If not, is there an old system(s) I should download? And lastly, are the conventional fill-in's still being used out along the 15/40 corridor?

Thank you in advance,
Bill

f40ph

Feed Provider
All of SBCo fire has switched to P25. Along the 15 there remains one conventional site at Afton Rd (FIR-A).
The I-40 has no more conventional.

engineco16

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have a file for fire from SBCo they can send me. I downloaded from RR, but who knows if I have it all, set up right, whatever. LOL It seems really confusing.

pcorrin

Premium Subscriber
Mountain areas are now digital for use, type2-analog system 8 may be up still with a channel or two but it will be coming down any time now. System 6 in the valley is on its last breath as the last entity that was still on analog has had their radios updated, so it will be done soon. also holding onto it as the individual consoles more specifically the systems when they go offline can no longer un-inhibit radios that are out there inhibited, and there are many, and that will force those those radios to be sent to depot for flat rate repair.

pcorrin

Premium Subscriber
also in reply to a past comment that someone posted about fire dispatch being piped to all sites regardless of radios being affiliated or not, that has not been done and I do not believe it will be

Eng74

I am starting to get more traffic on El Paso Peak now. Not sure if the earthquakes have anything to do with it or not.

radiochuck

Traffic Reporter
Premium Subscriber
Only that single SWAT TG listed for Chino PD. They can't still be using old System 9, can they?

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber
As of yesterday:

System 6/7 still broadcasting 6 Fire 2, 6 Fire 1, and probably other talkgroups.
System 8 appears to be offline
System 9 offline

Updates submitted to Db

1942LA

Just curious, is anyone able to "successfully" monitor this system using a BCD396XT? Looking for some advice on programming, settings, etc.

I'm on the East/Central group and getting some of the calls on 2-DISP1. I go from full strength to nothing.

Thanks!