San Bernardino County P25 and rebanded systems

Eng74

I would only run the site that is closest to you. I use mine at work on just the El Paso Peak Site. Has been comparable to my 436/536. SDS 100 works really good on it.

1942LA

Yeah, I've been running it just on the East/Central Valley site and holding on 2-DISP1. Unfortunately, it fades in and out-lots of digital interference.

I see an SDS-100 or Unication G5 in my future..lol

Eng74

There was an update a few days ago. I think there were 4 new sites added. Not sure if it was added before the last Uniden or Whistler data base updates.

kf4ald

Premium Subscriber
School security traffic on TG 1243. Probably one of the Redlands high schools.

allend

Premium Subscriber
School security traffic on TG 1243. Probably one of the Redlands high schools.

Thanks for the update on another talkgroup. Whoever does the Db updates for SBDCO must have gone missing since nobody wants to update the talkgroups.

f40ph

Feed Provider
Looks like Barstow Fire as of today is now dispatching on "The Mountain Simulcast Site"
This is a side effect of the Smartzone system. Transmitting in a given location is not in their "control". If a user in the mountains starts monitoring BRFD-A, the system will start simulcasting in that area.

allend

Premium Subscriber
This is a side effect of the Smartzone system. Transmitting in a given location is not in their "control". If a user in the mountains starts monitoring BRFD-A, the system will start simulcasting in that area.

Yes, this makes sense because the last few days Barstow Fire is quiet on the Mountain System now.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Whoever does the Db updates for SBDCO must have gone missing since nobody wants to update the talkgroups.

If you have something to share, or see something that needs updating kindly submit the pertinent info and it will get worked.

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
If you have something to share, or see something that needs updating kindly submit the pertinent info and it will get worked.

Exactly this. I just did a big update last night but if you don't make submissions we're not likely to see this thread and make changes just based on your forum posts.

1. Use the forums to collaborate with each other.
2. Verify your info (we aren't allowed to accept "unverified" information).
3. On the appropriate database page (SBDCo P25 system for example) click submit and write a clear and concise submission.

Again, the forum is a great place to collaborate and discuss the latest issues. It is a very poor way to get information added to the database in a timely manner. :)

Last edited:

allend

Premium Subscriber
There is a lot of information regarding this system on the iPhone app called BDC Comm Guide if you want to download it.

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber
System 6/7 doesn’t appear to have Fire radio traffic on it anymore, but is still online as far as I can see. The dispatch consoles changed their IDs so I think they got those switched over.

techman210

System 6/7 doesn’t appear to have Fire radio traffic on it anymore, but is still online as far as I can see. The dispatch consoles changed their IDs so I think they got those switched over.

You can probably stick a fork in it - looks like the 6-System is done as of today. The last of the Type-II analogs in the county is off the air.

allend

Premium Subscriber
So I wanted to share this picture of I think private conversations that come over once in a while on the Mountain system and no talkgroup shows up. Only unit ID's. Here is a picture of what I see. Does anybody know how this happens. Seems like private chit chat conversations.

Attachments

• SBDCO.jpg
    SBDCO.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 49

zz0468

QRT
Banned
So I wanted to share this picture of I think private conversations that come over once in a while on the Mountain system and no talkgroup shows up. Only unit ID's. Here is a picture of what I see. Does anybody know how this happens. Seems like private chit chat conversations.

That looks exactly like what I would expect a private call between two radios to look like on a scanner.

avdrummerboy

That's what it is, the users who are used to "private" call on the HT's still do it. It's all public works that I hear. Pretty mundane stuff really, though I have heard a few interesting conversation on these private call TG's.

f40ph

Feed Provider
That looks exactly like what I would expect a private call between two radios to look like on a scanner.
I haven't noticed - are private calls encrypted? Or is it based on the user radios (i.e. Law Private Call is encrypted, FD private isn't?)

zz0468

QRT
Banned
I haven't noticed - are private calls encrypted? Or is it based on the user radios (i.e. Law Private Call is encrypted, FD private isn't?)

A private call doesn't care what the channel selector is set to.