San Bernardino County P25 and rebanded systems

jrholm

The Big Bear Zoo is moving into their new facility and they have been very active on TG 567 which shows as a Gov MA (MA-5)channel in the database. Don't know if this is going to be a new permanent channel along with the new zoo facility or if they are just using it while they move between the old facility and the new one, they are only about a half mile apart from each other.

f40ph

Feed Provider
Normal users on the system get their own TG. It's possible that the zoo signed out loaner cache radios from county radio and is using the GOV channels during their move. Permanent use of GOV MA channels is not allowed by any single user.

jrholm

Normal users on the system get their own TG. It's possible that the zoo signed out loaner cache radios from county radio and is using the GOV channels during their move. Permanent use of GOV MA channels is not allowed by any single user.
Yeah, waiting for them to complete the move to see what happens. It's been interesting listening though, especially when the moved the grizzlies

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber
Running Unitrunker on S24 High Desert Simulcast. Noting Site 4 cc853.475 and Site 31 cc853.8625 not in DB yet. FCC database is down but will keep trying to see where those sites could be.

f40ph

Feed Provider
Site 4 is Slate Mtn SE of Trona, CA (google "Slate Range, CA")

Site 31 is new. I believe that one is Afton Canyon. I looked the other day for a license to confirm this but they may be using a temp.

Last edited:

es93546

A Member Twice
Premium Subscriber
Site 4 is Slate Mtn SE of Trona, CA (google "Slate Range, CA")

Site 31 is new. I believe that one is Afton Canyon. I looked the other day for a license to confirm this but they may be using a temp.

Slate Mtn. is northeast (mostly north) of Trona and is located in Inyo County. At least that's what I remember.

es93546

A Member Twice
Premium Subscriber
You're correct. Thank you.
Slate is located at:
Slate Mtn Radio site, Inyo County

Thanks for the Google Earth view. I can't remember if the cell phone towers were there last time I looked at the site. It appears that some of the microwave is aimed toward Rogers Peak, but it's pretty hard to tell with a satellite view. I haven't driven that far south in Panamint Valley in a very long time. The annual trip to Death Valley to camp, hike and swim in that great pool hasn't happened in about 8 years. Got to get on that one!

breed909

Premium Subscriber
Hello, all does anyone know if San bernardino is upgrading there systems again today. I was monitoring p25 and this ID#3609 popped up for a calll but it wasn't a person almosted sounded like a computer was dispatching the call. Replayed and at the end I heard someone say test complete but haven't heard it since.

f40ph

Feed Provider
They are testing the "robo-voice" dispatching system for initial response calls. I believe they're referring to it as AVD automatic voice dispatch. I understand they'll be testing each weekday morning here and there to work the bugs out.

f40ph

Feed Provider
AVD has been happening each weekday approx 08-1600 lately on 2disp1 and 3disp2. Sounds to me like it's improving. Things that used to catch my ear as "wrong" are definitely getting weeded out.

Eng74

Still not getting the dispatches on El Paso site. Most of the time all I get is the TG 3549 Firs Dispatch Patch. They are leaving the VHF on.

tsalmrsystemtech

Premium Subscriber
Not sure if the Baker Fire Station TRS Site is up or not. I was not able to get a control channel yesterday when in town. I put in the primary and alternate CC and nothing. Wonder if some of the frequencies have changed. I saw on their fire station that they had their yagi antenna pointing southbound

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber
Still not getting the dispatches on El Paso site. Most of the time all I get is the TG 3549 Firs Dispatch Patch. They are leaving the VHF on.

Have you by chance been able to figure out if 3549 is Fire Dispatch Patch or Comm Center (CMCTR)? I remember months back it was patched to 2497 but now I don't know which one is which or if it is mislabeled.

Eng74

Have you by chance been able to figure out if 3549 is Fire Dispatch Patch or Comm Center (CMCTR)? I remember months back it was patched to 2497 but now I don't know which one is which or if it is mislabeled.
Going with what is listed in the database. All I hear is Mercy Air and MVA talking with Com Center for dispatched calls.

f40ph

Feed Provider
Going with what is listed in the database. All I hear is Mercy Air and MVA talking with Com Center for dispatched calls.
If you're hearing MBA (Morongo Basin Ambulance) you're hearing the "CommCenter" channel which is the general catch-all channel for non-fire dept entities to contact Comm Center.