San Bernardino Mountains Snow Emergency

techman210

Due to record snowfall, all roads to the San Bernardino Mountains have been closed to the public for several days. People have been in their homes for over 6 days. Most gas stations have no or limited fuel. Some roofs have collapsed. Power is out in some areas.

SB County fire is using their snowcats as well as from other agencies to rescue the public and to transport critical government personnel.

Traffic is on Fire MA-5

KTLA TV

http://cad.chp.ca.gov/

Broadcastify

Last edited:

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Never mind. Found what I was looking for.

Do you have a link to the system? Or a system name at least?

Last edited:

jrholm

socalmountains.com is a great site if you want to stay up to date on what's going on here for scanning and emergency services

MEDIC135

Premium Subscriber
None of the BCFY feeds indicate they stream the fire mutual aid tacticals
That’s because those channels are not used on a day to day basis. Your typical channels used will be 2-DISP-1, 2-CMD-4, 2-TAC-4, 2-CMD-5 and 2-TAC-5. All of those channels are patched to other channels out of the desert divisions so you will hear every division but the valley divisions.

f40ph

Feed Provider
A little backstory:
The FDMA channels are not usually streamed because they are often used for drills / scenarios. When a listener tunes into a "firefighter down" radio emergency, they get everyone else all spun up and put out alerts etc. All for nothing. Happens way too often.

News Media has called the 911 center on several occasions inquiring about greater alarm fires and FF missing radio traffic all based on FDMA audio.

tsalmrsystemtech

Premium Subscriber
FDMA-5 is busy as can be. They are dispatching medical aids from this talkgroup to up at Crestline right now.

FDMA-6 is busy too.

Eng74

I was stuck trying to get on the 15 today at the 395. It was a total mess but was listening to what was going on up in the mountains. Sounded like they had a lot of gas explosions. Running Brush Patrols and snowcats 91 and 26.

brcoz

Premium Subscriber
I have been hearing traffic on FD MA-4, 5 and 6. Are there any other talk groups or frequency to listen?

prcguy

I'll be spending some time in Big Bear in the future and I tried to set up my TRX-1 for some of the frequencies being discussed here with no luck. Has anyone successfully programmed the San Bernardino sheriff and fire freqs into a TRX-1 and filtered out just the Big Bear related ones?

Eng74

I'll be spending some time in Big Bear in the future and I tried to set up my TRX-1 for some of the frequencies being discussed here with no luck. Has anyone successfully programmed the San Bernardino sheriff and fire freqs into a TRX-1 and filtered out just the Big Bear related ones?
SBCoSO is encrypted so you will have no luck on that.