San Berrnidino County p25

Status
Not open for further replies.

E5911

Premium Subscriber
I am aware the county has begun the upgrade process. My question is are the conventional sites going to remain or will they be replaced with trunked sites?

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Well if San Bernardino follows suit the way Riverside Co Sheriffs did then "YES" the conventional fill-ins will go away. But with the topography and the design of the new system who knows.

Also, if SB County 700 MHz system follows Riverside County with re-guards to Encryption then yes most definitely the conventional fill-ins will be gone for sure.

f40ph

Feed Provider
That's what I hear also - the stated intent is to "upgrade" all conventional sites to full P25 trunking.

Additional info: Not all talkgroups on the system will be encrypted.

Eng74

I would be surprised if the D-Law channels go away. I don't see SBCo putting sites all the way up to Trona.

zz0468

QRT
Banned
I would be surprised if the D-Law channels go away. I don't see SBCo putting sites all the way up to Trona.

Then prepare to be surprised. You just haven't seen them putting in sites YET.

It's a slow growth project set to run over 7 years. So, while the D channels will go P25, it won't happen tomorrow.

E5911

Premium Subscriber
Yes but will they be trunked? We have a couple of standalone p25 repeaters on the yuma system here

f40ph

Feed Provider
Yes but will they be trunked? We have a couple of standalone p25 repeaters on the yuma system here

They will be trunked.

As I stated above...
"the stated intent is to "upgrade" all conventional sites to full P25 trunking." <---there's that word again...

Last edited:

breed909

Premium Subscriber
San Bernardino p25

Hello all was listening to Mountain Simulcast and i came across a id that was not listed. From what i could make it was SWAT doing a raid the Id # 577 Anyone ever seen this id before or know what it is or used for ?

jlanfn

California Database Admin
Hello all was listening to Mountain Simulcast and i came across a id that was not listed. From what i could make it was SWAT doing a raid the Id # 577 Anyone ever seen this id before or know what it is or used for ?

Do you mean 557? If so, check the database.

It was confirmed on Monday that it is called "SWAT 3" and it is the only channel with Sheriff SWAT traffic I have ever heard that was not encrypted over the past couple of months.

inlandpatch

Premium Subscriber
Site number 9

Looking at the DB and i see there are two sites in ontario, site numbers 6 and 9. Site number 6 is active and number 9 is not. does anyone know if 9 is a confirmed location (ontario pd) or if there is an update on it, i haven't heard anything on that site for approximately 2-3 months now....

Ruperto

This entire system has been transmitting encrypted for over 4 weeks now. Dispatches that were clear are now E along with everything else.

There wasn't a lot of activity here to begin with but anything/everything is now E. I was hoping this was for testing purposes but who knows...

Either way I'm truly disappointed.

f40ph

Feed Provider
Heard the Adelanto (SBSD) jail in the clear today but did see the VV sheriff dispatch channel encrypted. So, maybe just street law enforcement?

brandon

Database Admin
Last I heard is that all law enforcement will be encrypted on the new system.

Hopefully fire remains in the clear, but even that is questionable these days.

Fireboat03

Pepsima1 Duplicate Account
Banned
I would say maybe a year or so until the system is completely built out. If SBDCO is going to use Encryption then most likely they are going to have to buy all new equipment since they are using older XTS5000 radios which I doubt they will add Encryption boards to thousands of radios. Plus they are old beater radios. Looks like all new mobiles and portable for the county to buy. APX radios. $$$$$$$$$

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.