San Diego Airport & Harbor Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcaesar

Are the San Diego Airport and the San Diego Harbor Police on the RCS South or North? I've tried setting them up both ways, but seem to hear nothing. Either I'm doing it wrong or their radio traffic is extremely light.

SkipSanders

Silent Key
They should be on RCS South, but I haven't listened in some time now.

Talkgroups I have:

45568 Harbor Police Dispatch 1 Dispatch Police .
45584 Harbor Police Dispatch 2 Dispatch 2 Police .
45600 Harbor Police Tac 1 Tac Police .
45616 Harbor Police Tac 2 Tac Police .
45632 Harbor Police Tac 3 Tac Police .
45648 Harbor Police Tac 4 Tac Police .
45664 San Diego Regional Airport Dispatch 1 Dispatch Airport .
45680 San Diego Regional Airport Dispatch 2 Dispatch 2 Airport .
45696 San Diego Regional Airport Air 1 Tac Airport .
45712 San Diego Regional Airport Air 2 Tac Airport .
45728 San Diego Regional Airport AIRE Tac Airport .
45744 San Diego Regional Airport AVSEC 1 Tac Airport .
45760 San Diego Regional Airport EACSEC2E Tac Airport .
45776 San Diego Regional Airport ATO1 Tac Airport .
45792 San Diego Regional Airport ATO2 Tac Airport .

JoeyC

They are indeed on the RCS south, and ACTIVE. 99% of what you hear will be on the first 2 TGs that Skip posted.

SkipSanders

Silent Key
I should say, if you're not hearing ANYthing on an RCS, you may not have set it to 'splinter' type system, which is required for the RCS or City trunk systems.

pcaesar

Thank you

Thanks for the quick response, I will make sure I have the South frequencies programmed as a splinter system.

Paul

Robertolson

Premium Subscriber
Hey Sparker....... what site is Escondido fire on as I need to program this and it would same some time... Thanks Robert

JoeyC

I live in Escondido and hear them clearly off the Calexico site. A lot of chatter.

Calexico site? Even if there was a Calexico site, it wouldn't carry Harbor PD traffic and you wouldn't hear it in Escondido either. You are hearing it on the RCS South site.

sparker1962

Premium Subscriber
They use North Zone but which TG is a good question. I have all the North Comm TGs programmed and it seems the entire North County share the same TGs. Fire units in Escondido may use one TG and then 30 minutes later Oceanside may be using the same TG. Its hard to tell them apart.
Sorry if that doesn't help much.

JoeyC

That's interesting...
From the URL taken from this site
San Diego, County of (RCS - Public Safety) Trunking System, Various, California - Scanner Frequencies
I can hear the Port of San Diego TGs on Calexico using 868.41250 quite clearly from Escondido. I never programmed the South Zone at 868.41250 which is the same control channel frequency.

Calexico is 130 miles from Escondido. The south zone is 30 miles. You are hearing the south zone system. Calexico appears to be an IntelliRepeater which apparently covers a dead zone in Calexico and would never be carrying Harbor PD traffic.

Last edited:

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
Calexico is 130 miles from Escondido. The south zone is 30 miles. You are hearing the south zone system. Calexico appears to be an IntelliRepeater which apparently covers a dead zone in Calexico and would never be carrying Harbor PD traffic.

Joey is correct. Besides being in the next county, there's a bunch of 4,000' - 5,000' mountain between Escondido and Calexico. Many of the Imperial County RCS sites are at ground level, including the Calexico site, which covers Downtown and both Ports of Entry.

Both the South Simulcast and the Calexico site share the same control channel. Depending on where one is in Escondido, the South Simulcast can be received.

Don

bryanhendrix

persistent
talk group id

I have heard what I believe is airport operations/ airport manager - Zebra 2 and Zebra 3 radio call to port district electricians as well as Zebra 2 radio call to inspector 9. This has taken place on talk group id:28848. (by the way, on RCS South)

Any one else curious about this talk group id and want to input it in your list of things to listen to in order to verify my suspicion as to who is talking.

Thanks

JoeyC

I agree, this TG 28848 is (at least tonight) electricians working at Lindbergh field on the field lighting. I'll keep an ear on them in future days to try to confirm further.

davidvel

They use North Zone but which TG is a good question. I have all the North Comm TGs programmed and it seems the entire North County share the same TGs. Fire units in Escondido may use one TG and then 30 minutes later Oceanside may be using the same TG. Its hard to tell them apart.
Sorry if that doesn't help much.

This seems unusual if not unlikely. Escondido has a separate dispatch (21328 ) from the other north county fire agencies (11632). While they may use the same tactical channels when cooperating on an incident, this would be less likely between Oceanside FD and Escondido FD except on a very major incident.

The north county agencies (both Fire and LE) actually have a very good comm plan, with distinct talkgroups. I am not sure what you may have heard. If it sounded like an ambulance talking to a hospital, this is one area they share talkgroups. These channels are grouped by hospital (ie. 6384 ALS - Palomar Hospital or 6416 ALS - Tri City ), not agency.

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
I have heard what I believe is airport operations/ airport manager - Zebra 2 and Zebra 3 radio call to port district electricians as well as Zebra 2 radio call to inspector 9. This has taken place on talk group id:28848. (by the way, on RCS South)

Any one else curious about this talk group id and want to input it in your list of things to listen to in order to verify my suspicion as to who is talking.

Thanks

Well, since 28848 is Airport Maintenance 1, that would make sense.

bryanhendrix

persistent

Well, since 28848 is Airport Maintenance 1, that would make sense.

I would not have posted the TG of 28848 if the info was listed as Air Maint 1. The info was not available - no need to be obtuse when reply is issued .... if a delete to your posting is available, please do so and I will do the same.

Thanks

JoeyC

I would not have posted the TG of 28848 if the info was listed as Air Maint 1. The info was not available - no need to be obtuse when reply is issued .... if a delete to your posting is available, please do so and I will do the same.

Thanks

What are you talking about?

brandon

Database Admin
I believe since it was not in the database, this is why they were questioning it.
At least Don has since confirmed it.

Is it a safe bet there's an Airport Maintenance 2 talkgroup as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.