San Diego Airport & Harbor Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
I would not have posted the TG of 28848 if the info was listed as Air Maint 1. The info was not available - no need to be obtuse when reply is issued .... if a delete to your posting is available, please do so and I will do the same.
Chill there guy. If you knew his involvement with the system you would understand the context. I'd call it helpful sarcasm.

JoeyC

I'm going to revive this old thread instead of creating a new thread in hopes that Don chimes in
Question: Why is SD Harbor PD carried on the North zone (in addition to the south) when clearly their intended jurisdiction is easily within the reach of the south? I've always wondered this...

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
Officer safety. There have been a few incidents where HPD units have ended up in North land while on investigations or pursuits, and the North LE Mutual Aids were not immediately available to the field units.

JoeyC

Officer safety. There have been a few incidents where HPD units have ended up in North land while on investigations or pursuits, and the North LE Mutual Aids were not immediately available to the field units.

Can't the same be true about any other south county agency (or north county agency for that matter)?
I mean theoretically Chula Vista PD could be in the same situation. Or is it that HPD has not configured their radios with North LE Mutual aid talkgroups?

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
The HPD radios (like all LE radios) have the LE Mutual Aid groups; the issue was the particular configuration in the radios at the time. Adding the group into the North was the quick fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.